Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Welcoming Home


"A welcoming home is a place of refuge.
A place where people worn down by the noise
and turmoil and hostility of the outside world
can find a safe resting place.

A welcoming home is a place
that you and others enjoy coming home to."

~ Emilie Barnes, 'The Spirit of Loveliness' ~

7 comments:

~~Deby said...

oh I sooo agree....lovely quotes and pictures, I could just go crawl up into that picture, couldn't you?
Deby

Anonymous said...

I love this quote, thank you for sharing it. Your blog looks quite lovely, by the way. (o:

Anonymous said...

That's lovely!And so true!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Love the poem and love that picture!

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby, Michele, Diane & Theresa,

I'm so glad that you all enjoyed this quote :o)

I love its simple truth and rest in the fact that the Lord knows my heart -- that my desire is to make my home *more welcoming* to others :o)

Yes Deby, I could quite easily crawl into this painting as I could of most every single one that Susan Rios has done!

Thank you Michele for your kind compliments regarding my blog :o)

May each of you enjoy the rest of the week,
Dallas

TO BECOME said...

That is my favorite type of picture and I love the quote. It is a wonderful thought. Thanks, connie from Texas

Abounding Treasures said...

Connie,

I know what you mean ~ I love Susan Rios' paintings!

Have a great day :o)