I did a basic tidying of the main rooms of the house and a couple of loads of laundry.
I cut, sliced and prepared what I needed to add to the leftovers for a Pot Luck supper.
Then I spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to finish a book that I began a few weeks ago.
It was a *perfect* day ~ the sun was shining, the temps were moderate and there was a slight breeze. Weather like that I could live with all year, with the right amount of rain of course :o)
After supper and because it was Wednesday, my husband and his brother played their guitars in the early evening and because of the cooler weather, I decided to bake a batch of jumbo banana-walnut muffins with a tiny handful of white chocolate chips. It didn't make the kitchen uncomfortable like it usually does this time of year so that was great!
How was YOUR day?!
9 comments:
It sounds like a wonderful day ~ and your muffins look so delicious!!
I enjoyed a lovely day as well, we enjoyed a nice walk and worked a little in the garden ~ church in the evening ~ it was our turn to work with the children! It is much cooler today but I hope to spend some time trying to catch up on the weeding!
Have a lovely day,
Sharon
Yum! They look so good! My day has been quite busy - finish a dress that was picked up earlier; had lunch with my husband; had two visitors that stayed for 2 hours; and now I eating lunch been made by my darling older son :)
My day has been good so far...
blessings,
mari
Sounds like a perfectly, lovely day. (o:
Dear Dallas,
I am so glad to hear you had a good "hodge podge day!" Your muffins look wonderful!!!
I also enjoyed your " A Welcoming Home" post. The excerpt you shared is beautiful. I will have to order that book!
The Lord bless you!
Paula
Sharon,
It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely day with a walk, some gardening and church in the evening. I can't say I enjoy weeding but it *is* necessary :o)
* * *
Mari,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a delightful comment!
Your certainly enjoyed a *full* day with your activities and your visitors and how wonderful that you older son made you lunch :o)
* * *
Michele,
It was! Definitely *my* kind of day :o)
* * *
Paula,
I only have the excerpted version called *Heart of Loveliness* but am awaiting the arrival of the full version called *The Spirit of Loveliness* ... I ordered it via the Internet a couple of weeks ago and hope it arrives soon :o)
The Lord bless each of you tomorrow,
Dallas
I see you figured out how to do a background, your blog looks fantastic! (o:
Michele,
I did, FINALLY!!
I have to give thanks to you because your various re-decorating *projects* gave me continuing inspiration even though I was frustrated most of the time :o)
I even had to *remove* the post about it for a few minutes because I made a mistake in the verse at the bottom :o(
Have a delightful day tomorrow!
I love your background - it looks terrific!
I can't wait to begin to decorate mine - not for awhile though :)
blessings,
mari
Mari,
Thanks! You will have such fun when you start decorating and it's easier than you think :o)
Have a great Friday -
Post a Comment