He knoweth the need of my life
For shelter and raiment and food;
In each trifling care of the day
The word of His promise is good;
He knoweth my thought from afar,
The wish that I never have told,
And every unspoken desire
His wisdom doth grant or withhold.
He knoweth the way that I take;
Each step of that way He hath planned;
And, walking through sunshine or storm,
I walk in the shade of His hand.
In deserts untrodden and drear,
Where foes in the darkness may hide,
He leaveth me never alone;
He sendeth me light and a guide.
He knoweth the need of my soul ---
The trial that calls for His grace,
The weakness that leans on His strength,
The fear that looks up to His face.
He knoweth what sifting is best
To scatter the chaff from the wheat
And lay all my self-righteous pride
Low down in the dust at His feet.
~ Annie Johnson Flint ~


6 comments:
Dear Dallas,
Yes, what a wonderful comfort this is!! How I need to cling to Him!!
I hope you have a lovely and blessed week!
Sharon
This poem so beautifully describes all the amazing attributes of our Good Shepherd. Praise Him!
What a lovely place you have here. So nice to meet you. You have an amazing story.
Sharon,
I'm so glad these verses were of blessing to you as well :o)
As I first read through it, my heart was touched by His mercy, grace and care and the need to yield each moment of every day really struck me.
* * *
Angie,
Thanks for *popping in* ~ I found your blog via another yesterday and was delighted to visit and 'meet' you.
This poem really reminded me of My Great Shepherd ... how I need to yield each and every day to His care and ministrations and *His* will for my steps.
* * *
May both of you have a wonderful week :o)
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem! I am so thankful and overwhelmed with God's continuous care for me. My husband always tells me, "The Lord is keeping you, Paula, He keeps you going!" When I think of all He has and continues to carry me though I know I can rest in Him and trust Him every moment of everyday.
Thank you, Dallas!
Blessings,
Paula
Oh what a perfect poem! My soul needed this reminder! Such a blessing!
Paula,
Amen! You've said it so beautifully and from your comment, I sense that you've gone through particular situations where the Lord has really made Himself and His care, known to you!
* * *
Victoria,
I'm so glad that you found this poem a blessing ~ I know I did as soon as I read it :o)
May you both have a wonderful Wednesday where you are!
Dallas
Post a Comment