Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Soft Blue Skies of April

"There is the sky, now in April like a soft blue pearl,
and there is the moon,
a silver shaving in her field of stars.
And the air, breathing of violets.”

~ Gladys Taber in STILLMEADOW SEASONS ~

I know it's technically spring, but in our neck of the woods, the warmth has yet to find us, at least not consistently.

Just as soon as we've enjoyed a warmish, wind-free day, the next will bring a thin blanket of snow to remind us that our first peek at crocuses or daffodils or my own special bleeding hearts, is still a distance around the corner.

It's strange - but just as much as I am eagerly awaiting spring, come July and August when we are suffering through the heat and humidity, I'll be looking forward to the more temperate days of early fall.

I am trying to be more thankful for "where I am presently" and not to wish it away.

The watercolour "NIGHT SKY" ©2007 by my Middle Son

5 comments:

Anonymous said...


I am trying to be more thankful for "where I am presently" and not to wish it away.


I'm trying to do the same thing. (o:

Many Blessings,
Michele

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

It's so easy to wish for something down the road or tomorrow that I have to catch myself :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I am so with you spring just can not get here quick enough!! We had a 60 degree day yesterday and today its back in the high 30s. I hope we do get some warm weather soon we planted tulip bulbs for the first time in the fall and I am anxious to see them come up!!! :0)...I also am like you in the middle of summer I want fall to come!! We have to be comtent where we are at I do alot of decorating during the winter thats for sure!!! Have a great and Blessed day!~Wendy

Tori Leslie said...

Great post, I need to work on this whole contentment thing as of late. It seems so easy to fall into the "wish it away" mentality.
Thanks for the challenge this morning!

Abounding Treasures said...

Wendy & Tori -

Thanks for taking the time to post on my blog :o)

By the sounds of it, many of us fall into the same "wishing it away" frame of mind ... I'm still in the midst of learning to love and appreciate the moment I am in and to enjoy it to the full ~ after all, this is the ONLY time I'll be in it so I should make it count :o)

Blessings,
Dallas