Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Learning to Do Things Without Murmuring

Scrubbing the bathroom, while NOT a favourite activity, is a needful one and I do love the "after-effects" :o)

In my meditations the other day when reading, I came across verses 13-15 in Philippians:

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will
and to do of his good pleasure.

14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15That ye may be blameless and harmless,
the sons of God, without rebuke,
in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation,
among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

This really pricked my heart and I had to hang my head because although I didn't murmur when scrubbing the tub surround and the tub today, I have murmured about many different things in times past. I CANNOT say that I do ALL things without murmuring :o(

I am in the midst of learning that "whatsoever I do, I should do it heartily, as to the Lord ... in singleness of heart..." [Colossians 3:22-23]

While others may look on the outside and see my actions, He looks into my heart and sees my motives. It's allowing Him to work on my heart that will change my actions!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

This is a really good reminder, and I'm thankful that you shared it today.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!

Mrs. V. said...

Such a good article and needed thoughts for us all!

Blessings to you!

Abounding Treasures said...

Tracy, Michele and Mrs V ~

I'm glad that you found it beneficial ... I know I often need the reminder :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

OUCH! This is a fault of mine, and has trickled down to my children.

Abounding Treasures said...

Tami,

I know what you mean. I often wonder if my children had seen it less in me if they would do it less :o(

Anonymous said...

This was a very good reminder...hit home for me too.
Blessings, Patty

Abounding Treasures said...

Patty,

It's something I have to remind myself of, more than once :o)

~~Deby said...

I wuld say *ouch* as well, I am enjoying visiting your blog this evening.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

It looks as though many of us can say OUCH to this post ... I didn't realize that others had a problem as much as I did :o)

Thanks for visiting!