We worry about money, we agonize over the terrible state of the world, we fret at household duties or business minutiae, we work, we argue, we squander our strength in a million ways.
And all the time the wonder of life is around us: the ecstasy of breathing air ravished by apple blossoms, of walking on fern-cool driftways, of listening to young leaves moving in the moonlight, and of seeing the twilight stars in the violet bowl of the sky.
There is joy enough in one spring day to furnish forth the world, if we but knew it.
Even if life seems too difficult at times and grief gets too intimate with us and death raises his umbrella between us and the sun, there is still joy to be had in the immeasurable gifts of life . . .”
~ Gladys Taber in STILLMEADOW SEASONS ~
For me, it's personally knowing the Creator behind these 'immeasurable gifts of life' that gives me joy and peace.
He holds my very breath in His hands. And for all eternity, I will enjoy His very presence and the glory of this is that it's not because of anything that I have done.
But according to His mercy, He saved me!

5 comments:
men! To Gladys' quote, and to your own sentiments as well.
This is so good..and I too am so thankful for my salvation and KNOWING that I am HIS.
Deby
Amen, Deby :o)
I left a comment yesterday but something must have happened. I know that my comment moderation often 'eats' comments too. *sigh*
I like the quote (she has some good ones!) and agree and like what you added as well. (o:
Michele
I love that Gladys Tabor book. I was so pleased to find it at a library sale last year.
With the cost of everything going up, it is so easy to get worried about the future. Great post!
Post a Comment