Thursday, April 24, 2008

UPDATE -- Urgent Prayer Request

We received the sad news Tuesday evening that this young man had passed into the Lord's presence.

As I write those words, I feel sadness for his parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins and his many friends but how can I possibly feel sadness for him?!

He had a moment in his life's experience when he trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as His Saviour and although his family circle feel sorrow because they miss him dearly, he is in the Lord's presence at this very moment, forever.

I know that gives the parents and family great peace but I also can imagine the great pain it must be having a child die before a parent or grandparent -- somehow to our human minds, it just doesn't seem 'right'.

From something I've already heard concerning his family, his youngest brother told someone that as much as they are feeling sadness, they know that God is overall and has a great plan, He just hasn't made it known to them yet . . .




We received some very sad news Monday evening regarding the grandson of friends of ours.

He received multiple head injuries in a snowboarding accident and is in a coma and on a respirator -- he's been flown to a large city for expert care, but doctors do not know if he will make it.

He's a 22 year old young man with his future ahead of him. His family is distraught. His parents live across the country and are trying to get to his side as quickly as possible.

I know they would value your prayers on his behalf and theirs.

Many thanks to all who raise him in prayer before the Throne of Grace . . .

Source of Joy's Graphics Gallery

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying...this is so sad. I have sat at the bedside of a son who fell on his head when he fell off his skateboard. He is fine now. He can't smell or taste..but thats is so minimal. Our God is big and can do big things.

Blessings,
Patty

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that he didn't make it. I can imagine the heart break of his family....