Today as I saw the snowflakes falling in earnest and knowing that freezing rain was forecast for later on, I hurried about doing the few errands I had to do and returned home before the roads got too messy.Now, as I sit back, sipping a cup of hot tea, the words of this poem play over in my mind.
Was I patient while waiting in line to pay for my groceries? For my gas? Did I smile at the faces I passed, sending up a general prayer for each of them since they were strangers to me?
I often wonder how I am perceived by strangers and whether anything of my precious Lord shines through my hard, crusty, impatient self?
How about you?
THE BEAUTY of JESUS in ME
My Life touched yours for a very brief space,
And what, oh, what did you see?
A hurried, a worried and anxious face,
Or the beauty of Jesus in me?
Was I steeped so deep in the ways of the world
That you couldn't detect one thing
That would set me apart and show that my heart
Belonged to the Heavenly King?
Did I carry no banner for Jesus my Lord,
Not one thing at all that could show
Whose side I am on in this glorious fight?
I am His! But you wouldn't know.
Forgive me! And if we e'er meet again
Upon earth, oh, I pray you will see
No mark of this world, but His banner unfurled,
And the beauty of Jesus in me!
~ Alice Hansche Mortenson ~
“And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is
that good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
~ Romans 12:2 ~
[painting Shopping in Paris by Basile LeMeunier]
3 comments:
I love the poem. I am going to copy it to my poetry collection. Thanks for sharing this. I also wonder this same thing while I am out and about.
Great post--great to hear about your transplants--praise the Lord! Thanks for visiting my blog...
Many blessings...
Mrs. Fuentes,
Thanks for *popping in* to visit.
Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Lord for His grace and mercy in all areas of my life. I am also grateful for the donor family of my new heart, each and every day.
Blessings to you and your family ...
Post a Comment