Sunday, February 10, 2008

SPARKLING DIAMONDS in the SNOW

This clear, cold, icy day has brought with it an unexpected gift --- the snow that hides us beneath a shimmering white blanket, sparkles and glistens under the moonlight . . . as if diamonds are just under the surface, waiting to be discovered.

As I walked beneath tonight's "snow shower", I was reminded of an evening walk many years ago with my daughter when she was just young ... our footsteps crunching in the new-fallen snow .... sparkles dancing around our feet and feeling the magic of winter!

We had cleared the driveway and our deck and by the time I returned from my walk which
lasted about 45 minutes, almost as much snow had fallen and we had to do it all over again :-)

This is part of our front yard and it was so amazing that the camera lens actually showed the snowflakes as they fell :-)

[borrowed photo of diamonds]

4 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

We've had more snow than usual this year... and I've enjoyed it. Just glad we don't get this much every year! Thanks for sharing your lovely picture and thoughts.

TJ said...

I have several photos like this, due to our snow this year. I too love how the snowflakes are captured by the camera.

Linda said...

I loved seeing your snow pictures and to capture snowflakes on film is awesome. Linda

Connie Marie said...

Beautiful snowy picture. I enjoyed reading about your walk with your young daughter.