Well it's Friday, so that means another great opportunity for enjoying SHOW and TELL at Kelli's House.I received a beautiful box of small watercolour paint tubes, some brushes and paper for Christmas from my daughter and I'm going to be very brave and show one of my early attempts at painting:-)
Although I was quite excited, I was very nervous when I first put my brush in the paint and let it hover over the paper!!
In this untitled painting, the grass and trees and pond area turned out darker than I had planned . . . everything seems a bit "off" ~ ~ but in all my many years of genealogy research, I remember reading various accounts of a grandchild or Great grandchild being thoroughly delighted because they found an old treasure handmade or handwritten by their ancestor.So, it's for the future generations of my family that I am keeping this :-O
31 comments:
Mrs. M,
Since I paint, I am very interested in seeing your picture, which I am sure is delightful....but it doesn't show up......I'll be back to check again.....Betty
I'm amazed if this is one of your first attempts. It is so good. Far, far better than anything I could do. Thanks for being brave and sharing it!!
I don't see any paintings... all I see are x's where they should be. I'll try back later :-)
Oh no! I can't see your picture. Is is just me?
Nancy
Oh what a pity, there must be something wrong with the picutes of your S&T post, all I see are little boxes with red crosses inside! ;-((
I am sure your first attempts at Watercolour will look wonderful. I'll try to pass by again tonight and hope the problem will be solved!
Best wishes from Germany, Anita
Its not the first mile that counts its the last mile. Dont worry its interesting though. Just constant practice. Happy ST!
Sorry but the photo of you work didn't show up. I'm sure your family is going to treasure it.
No photo of your painting showed in your blog entry? I'm not sure if it's my browser or what....but I'd truly love to see your work of art. I've done only ONE watercolor myself, and I must say it's a whole lot different than working with oil paints.
My Show N Tell is shared. Hope you can drop by for a few minutes' visit today.
It is indeed lovely.
Susan
You did a beautiful job. I have a sketch book in my closet from my high school days. I never thought of them as treasures until now. I'll keep them there so when I'm gone my family will find them. Most of them don't know about it.
Oh, I'm so sorry, but I can't see the picture!
What a lovely thought to leave a gift for your ancestors...however sadly I can't get the pictures to load.
Here I am again to admire your watercolour! Wow, you did a great job! I love it, the colours are matching perfectly to the scene!
Yes, there seem to be a problem with my pretty rose profile picture. I shall try to fix it tonight!
Warm wishes, Anita
First attempt? It's beautiful!
Thanks to everyone for their comments and especially to those who could not see the painting for some reason.
This has happened before so I think it's a Blogger thing ... even before I log in, I have no problem viewing them.
I've REloaded my Show & Tell photos so they SHOULD work now!
Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience of coming to view and seeing nothing :-)
Blessings,
Mrs M
Very nice! It's a lot better than anything I could have done!!
I think you have talent, and no doubt about it. You have a handle on depth and perspective, direction of light to some degree, and the brush-to-paper as well. I think you have a very light touch for a first timer. I hope you do more.
Nancy
I love your painting and for one of your first attempts it is wonderful.
This will be a special rememberance for some lucky person.
I'm enjoying your music too. It that Pachbell? Linda
Anita ~ glad you gave it another try!
* *
Tracy & Barbara ~ thanks for your kind comments!
* *
MammyT ~ wow! Your words of encouragement might actually make me consider trying a few more :-) Thanks!
* *
Linda ~ your kind comment was much appreciated! I have NO music associated with my blog so wonder where it's coming from?!
Blessings to all of you!
Mrs M
It's a beautiful painting. I'm glad I came back. A lovely treasure to share.
Blessings.
Sarah x
You're brave to show your first attempt - but it's really great! It's not so much the artistry as the FEEL you leave the viewer with! :) It's very peaceful, and serene, and I really applaud you!!!
Have a blessed day!
I love the colors in your painting. Certainly beautiful for a first!
It is beautiful! YOu did a great job, and it will be a wonderful thing to be passed on.
That's beautiful! I love it. Have a great day.
It is a beautiful painting. Thanks for sharing it.
Kathi
I'm back and I think your picture is lovely and certainly worth passing on to future generations.....
Glad I came back.....Betty
i too am an artist...dabbling in several mediums...watercolor being one of them...
and as an artist...in my opinion...there is no such thing as ever being "a bit off"...this is really pretty...and very good...the colors blend well and plays well to the eye.
what a gem for you to pass on! you've got the gift of!...:o) I enjoyed my visit...come by my page sometime.
You are very talented, Mrs. M! The painting is lovely and I just love the sky! What a wonderful keepsake for your family!
Hugs,
Kelli
I enjoy family history/genealogy and I'll say if I found this and it was my grandmothers it would mean alot to me. I am glad I have
my grandmothers letters and photos.
Great first try!!!
Back again to view the picture: it is lovely-a very peaceful setting. Thanks for sharing
That is beautiful, it's so sunny, I love it.
Post a Comment