I needed the quiet, so He drew me aside,
Into the shadows where we could confide;
Away from the bustle, where all the day long
I hurried and worried, when active and strong.
I needed the quiet, though at first I rebelled.
But gently, so gently, my cross He upheld,
And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things
Though weakened in body, my spirit took wings,
To heights never dreamed of when active and gay.
He loved me so greatly He drew me away.
I needed the quiet, no prison my bed --
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead;
A place to grow richer, in Jesus to hide,
I needed the quiet, so He drew me aside.
©1944 Alice Hansche Mortenson
Away from the bustle, where all the day long
I hurried and worried, when active and strong.
I needed the quiet, though at first I rebelled.
But gently, so gently, my cross He upheld,
And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things
Though weakened in body, my spirit took wings,
To heights never dreamed of when active and gay.
He loved me so greatly He drew me away.
I needed the quiet, no prison my bed --
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead;
A place to grow richer, in Jesus to hide,
I needed the quiet, so He drew me aside.
©1944 Alice Hansche Mortenson

This is the echo of my heart when I remember the 7 long months living in the hospital before my heart transplant.**My wonderful Mr M visited 3 times weekly while caring for our 2 younger junior high aged children at home which was about 1 hour away from the hospital. Relatives and friends visited now and again.
BUT it was my Lord who sustained me during the long days and the oft dark nights of the days, weeks and finally, the months of waiting.
It's amazing as that time rests on memory's shelves, just how easy it is to begin to take things for granted once again and so, I try to always remind myself that I shouldn't have to wait for a 'dark moment' in my life to lean hard on the Lord.
I should remember that even when I think I am strong, I am weak :-)
"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness."
II Corinthians 12:9
for my strength is made perfect in weakness."
II Corinthians 12:9
**More to come on this miracle story!
4 comments:
I am so moved by your testimony. Thank you so much for sharing; it meant a lot.
Sandra
Sandra,
I am happy to share it, always with prayer that it might help someone else :-)
Did you just read this post or the full version under "More About Me"?
Blessings,
Mrs M
Wow.Thank you for sharing your heart... I am glad that you have recovered enough to be back home where your hearts desires are. I enjoyed my visit today at your blog.
connie marie ~ thanks for your kind comments and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit :-)
Blessings,
Mrs M
Post a Comment