Yesterday I received 2 phone calls, both with very different messages!The 1st was from our daughter who lives across the country in a basement apartment and only moved there last August. After enjoying a weekend of ministry and preaching at a special series of meetings for Christian Youth, she returned home to find that EVERYTHING in her bedroom was soaked because the landlord's hot water tank leaked and caused flooding.
She was SO upset and wondered WHY? I could offer no explanation and tried only to sympathize with her and encourage her.
The 2nd was from our eldest son's number. When I picked up the receiver and heard only silence, I realized that our 26 month old grandson was listening at the other end. Because I have only seen him twice, when he was 3 months old and 14 months, I was pretty excited for this opportunity to hear him say a few words and listen to any comments he made to his Daddy.
At this age, it's difficult for him to figure out who we are .... 'Grandma' to him is his mommy's mother that he sees every weekend. At one point during the conversation which my son had put on speakerphone, I laughed out loud and suddenly I could hear the little one laughing back.
Well, that made me really laugh and he turned to his Daddy and said with a big smile - "Funny!"
Maybe that's how I'll be known to him ~ the one who's funny! I don't mind that at all ....
This morning meant that I had to take our car in for a service maintenance appointment and had the opportunity to chat with the fellow who sold us our car a couple of years ago and congratulate him on his 1st grandchild.As I began to crochet to pass the time while waiting, an older gentleman came in and sat down. He picked up the newspaper but at the same time, started a conversation with me. He told me he was trying to decide whether or not to move back here and from there, we had a delightful conversation about his family, newest grandchild and he told me that he had been a deacon in a large church here for 27 years. I told him that was wonderful and asked him how old he was when he was first "saved".
"Well", he said, "When you put it like that...Oh, I don't know. Guess I always was, so far back".
So, I took the opportunity to share with him how God reached and saved my precious soul at a certain time in my life. First He had revealed to me my sinfulness, my helpless condition and then revealed Himself to me as the Saviour of sinners.
Now, salvation is not something we 'grow into' and it doesn't just happen to us without us knowing!
I pray that my question about how old he was when he was "saved" will be one that in his heart, he contemplates, and if he cannot remember a time when the Lord dealt with him personally, that he might realize it and be sure.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again.
John 3:6-7
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
John 3:16, one of my very favourite verses!
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again.
John 3:6-7
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
John 3:16, one of my very favourite verses!
No comments:
Post a Comment