It is only a tiny rosebud
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
God opens the flower so sweetly,
Then, in my hands, they die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
The flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So, I'll trust in Him for leading
Each moment of my day,
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the Pilgrim's way.
The pathway that lies before me
Only my Heavenly Father knows.
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose.
~ Author Unknown ~
Mosaic of 3 Rose Photos by Anna Scott
This little poem was sent to me when I was in the hospital
waiting several months for my heart transplant.
It reminded me that each and every moment of my life
was completely in the Lord's hands,
and that gave me great comfort then, and does now too!
May you find comfort today resting in Him ...

A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
God opens the flower so sweetly,
Then, in my hands, they die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
The flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So, I'll trust in Him for leading
Each moment of my day,
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the Pilgrim's way.
The pathway that lies before me
Only my Heavenly Father knows.
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose.
~ Author Unknown ~
Mosaic of 3 Rose Photos by Anna ScottThis little poem was sent to me when I was in the hospital
waiting several months for my heart transplant.
It reminded me that each and every moment of my life
was completely in the Lord's hands,
and that gave me great comfort then, and does now too!
May you find comfort today resting in Him ...


12 comments:
What a wonderful poem but even more wonderful is knowing you through your posts. I'm so glad the Lord brought me to your blog-you are a blessing.
Have a glorious day.
Noreen
Dallas,
This poem is beautiful. I love roses! I love The Rose Of Sharon most of all!
It is of great comfort!
Thank you!
Miriam :)
I think I've read this before but it was *lovely* to read it again.
I would imagine the experience with your heart troubles/transplant really helped you to learn the hard lesson to trust the Lord for EVERYTHING.
This isn't always easy for me which I find silly since I trust Him *completely* for my salvation.
Blessings....
Michele
That is so very beautiful, Dallas.
A beautiful poem!
Truly we must trust his every will and way.
I rec'd word today of the sudden death of a dear Saint of God..unexpected for the family. Please pray for them at this time as they will need to think upon these very thoughts.
The pathway that lies before me only my heavenly Father knows. I'll trust Him to unfold the moments...
Thank you Dallas.
HOPE
Noreen,
Thanks so much! I'm glad you started blogging and that the Lord had me find my way to your blog way back when in the early days as it's been a joy to get to know you through your posts :o)
This whole world of blogging is an absolutely wonderful way of meeting and getting to know *kindred spirits* as Ann with an *e* would say!
***
Miriam,
You're welcome! The Rose of Sharon is one of the reasons that we used *Sharon* as one of the names for our little daughter that was stillborn ...
***
Michele,
I know what you mean about my heart troubles/mechanical heart pump and transplant teaching me the hard way to trust the Lord for everything and you would think that I NEVER again would take anything for granted or to worry or ?? but you know what, it IS really strange, because as you say, we trust Him for our salvation and yet we hold on tightly to some things to try to take care of or control them OURSELVES!
We humans are an odd bunch!
***
Cathy,
I'm glad that you were blessed by it!
~*~
By His grace,
Dallas
Hope,
I pray that this family who have experienced the sudden loss of a loved one will feel themselves being carried in His Everlasting Arms as they pass through this valley.
Blessings to you!
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
"Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?"
This is such a beautiful poem. It is so true. It is a great comfort. Thank you so much for sharing this.
This was just beautiful!
I just found your blog... it's simply lovely!
I hope to come back again soon.
Blessings in Christ,
Miss Jen
www.blessedfemina.blogspot.com
P.S.
I also love your profile picture! :)
Dallas,
That was a beautiful poem - thanks for sharing it -
This theme of God knowing and being in control keeps coming up in my life....
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog...
The rose looks so soft you can almost touch it. The sentiments behind the rose are just as lovely as the flower itself. Thank you for sharing what was written to you. Very applicable at this moment. Blessings - Cathryn
Susan,
You are very welcome!
***
Miss Jen,
Welcome! I visited your blog when I only had time to read the sidebar of your front page and it was just lovely! I love the quotes and pictures that you have used :o)
***
Mrs Rabe,
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!
***
Cathryn,
I'm glad that the truths in this poem can help you at this time.
As soon as I came across this beautiful photo, I fell in love with it even though roses are not my favourite flower ~ I actually prefer carnations if given a choice :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment