Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Rainy Day on Snow


Our temps have been fluctuating from freezing cold to mid-range and lots of snow to what it is today ~ RAIN - RAIN - RAIN!!

Just a couple of days ago looking outside was a like a picture on a postcard ~ all white, the snow glistening in the sun and freezing cold ... today it's raining and much of the snow has disappeared.  The trouble is that by late afternoon, the temps could drop enough that those wet roads become a bit treacherous, even with good snow tires on :(

I just left a response to Deby's message regarding still being married after 32 years and how it was all of the Lord, and thought I'd share a few of my thoughts here with everyone.

In regard to everything in our lives, even we as Christians, as long as we are alive, we have the same heart inside of us that we did when the Lord first saved us.

We need to continue keeping our eyes on Him and His Word, that we might be preserved in this day of departure and weakness, for we are human and as long as we are living, we are capable of anything -- the Lord reminds me daily of what's inside my heart so I know this is true.

It's the LOVE of CHRIST that CONSTRAINS me!
2 Corinthians 5:14

From the 1828 Noah Webster Dictionary, I read this:
  • in a general sense, to strain; to press; to urge; to drive; to exert force, physical or moral, either in urging to action or in restraining it.  
I was very pointedly touched by this definiton because the love of Christ constraining me causes me to act in ways contrary to my sinful nature:
  • To produce in opposition to nature.
I'm thankful to Him each and every day, that He is willing and able to keep me and strengthen me and when I make mistakes along the way, He is ready to forgive and keep me going on ...

4 comments:

Susan B said...

Amen, Dallas. That is so true!

I hope your weather gets better soon. We've just had several days of rainy weather.

Have a lovely week! :)

sarah said...

This post is helpful to me today.
Thank you Dallas.
Hope you and family are well!
love in Him,
Sarah

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

Thanks for dropping by! We've had some mild days, rainy days, icy cold days and everything in between :)

***

Sarah,

Glad you found this helpful and all the best to you and yours :)

Blessings to both of you as you enjoy the last weeks of winter!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I love the painting and your words are very meaningful as well :)