Friday, February 25, 2011

Abounding Treasures Shop Busy-ness!

I am happy to be back and to send my very best wishes to everyone once again!!

When I began crocheting dishcloths and handmaking cards, I had no intention of ever doing anything with it ~ most were for myself or family and friends.

A few blog friends suggested I open an Etsy shop and after considering it and praying about it, I did so in February of 2009.  I had my 1st sale the very day I opened and don't think I had another sale until MANY MONTHS later :o(

Somewhere along the way, I changed direction and began creating what I called whimsical collages and 3D art featuring butterflies and baby elephants and that has expanded to include so many others. 

Since May of last year, I've had 61 sales and I thank the Lord for each and every one and often wonder what He has in store with all of it.

This past Tuesday, I took some of my creations into a fairly new kids' store and they kept the 4 that I show in the collage above *on consignment*.  If they sell, we'll split the price 50/50 . . . of course, they may hang on their walls for quite some time or they may not sell at all.

Previous to that and since Christmas I've done quite a bit of custom pieces including a 16" X 20" canvas.


I've also been creating a new website, a Facebook page and updating my other blog to reflect more where my creative interests lie at this time, since the only handmade cards I create now are for family and special occasions.

Until April 27th, I'm holding a BABY SHOWER free GIVE-AWAY on Facebook for anyone who is expecting or knows someone who is expecting a Baby ANYTIME in 2011 -- drop by for a visit to read how you or someone you know could win FREE GIFTS :o)

I hope to post on this, the blog of my heart, a little more often than I have over the past several weeks as I've missed it and the dear ladies who drop by for a visit!!  I'll also try to visit all your blogs a little more often than I have over the past while ...

Blessings,

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

Your collages are very interesting...I like how you recycle old books and your precision, mixed with your colorful and whimsical choices makes for a really lovely effect. Congratulations on such productivity as well.

Finding Joy said...

I just love those butterfly pictures, they are so clever. I can't imagine them not selling. You are very creative.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your new blog is lovely and so inviting to browse the beautiful art work you create! I perused the whole site and enjoyed each page!

So excited for you, Dallas! Your creations will be loved by all!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower.
I invite you to visit my blog.
And become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

Abounding Treasures said...

Jeannette, Jo, Lorraine - thanks for your kind words of encouragement :o)

***

Welcome *Old Geezer* from Calif!

~*~

May the Lord bless each of you as you follow where HE leads!

Mo said...

I have an Etsy account, but have never done anything with it. I should at least try! Glad you have a nice little business, it's fun to think somebody likes what we craft. (I like your new fonts!!)

Abounding Treasures said...

Mrs Mobunny - Yes, you should at least give it a try!!

You'll never know, if you don't :o)