Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Week Has Gone By

I can hardly believe it's been a week since I posted anything new on here! Does that tell you that I've been busy?!


I've been receiving quite a few enquiries regarding custom orders from my Etsy shop and have completed some of those in the past couple of weeks.

I must say that I am thoroughly ENJOYING letting my newly-discovered creative side begin to flourish a little at a time :o)

Every Thursday morning our small church holds a FREE community coffee time for the neighbourhood around us as a form of outreach.  We've only been doing it for a few weeks now but already the Lord has blessed us with several strangers visiting and a couple of them have returned more than once! 

Every 2nd Thursday evening, I hold sort of an open house type get-together for my sisters-in-Christ simply as a way of getting to know each other better.  Since many work outside the home, this has enabled those of us who are there to learn things about each other that we might not have otherwise and it's been a real blessing to me.

I just began trying to climb my cousin's family tree for him but it's been so frustrating with total dead ends on 2 of his branches -- I don't like giving up but I'm afraid I have to on this one :o( 

With the wind chill factor added, our temps were hovering down around MINUS 34 degrees Celsius yesterday but I had to go into town to buy some card stock and patterned paper for a custom order that I'm presently working on.  

LOOK at the sample colours to the LEFT of this -- I must be a traditionalist because I would never have thought of these colours for a newborn baby ~ my new customer has opened my eyes to new possibilities!

Do YOU usually lean towards TRADITIONAL colours for babies and their rooms or would you say you prefer more of a MODERN or CONTEMPORARY look? 

Since I also had to stop at the Post Office to send off an order I had just completed, I figured I might as well go a few more blocks and do the grocery shopping ~ was it ever windy and freezing bringing all the bags back to the car!   BRRRRR --

On top of that, I've had 2 bouts of gout over the past week and it was very painful while it lasted -- hopefully the medication I took on Sunday and today will help it subside VERY SOON :o)

7 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

You have been a busy gal, Dallas! I am so glad that your Etsy business is doing well. Your baby collages are so adorable!
What neat ideas for outreach you are involved in.
Brrrr! So cold over in your area! I talked with our daughter the other day (she lives in New York state), and she said the temps were -25*F. Didn't seem to faze her though ~ she lived in Alaska for 5 years!
So sorry to hear you have been suffering with gout! Praying you will be on the mend very soon!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been busy doing lots of creative and beautiful things!

I hope your gout is gone for good this time. (o:

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
You have been very busy! Oh my, the weather is so cold where you are! I hope you start feeling better soon with your gout. I admit I'm a traditionalist in colors for newborns. I guess I don't think too much outside of the box! :)

Enjoy the rest of your week! God bless...

susansspace said...

Hi, Dallas,
I've been a lazy blogger, too, so don't feel bad! At least you've been getting alot of things accomplished!
Love the community coffee outreach idea, & also your getting ladies together at your home. That is such a blessing to all, I'm sure!
Afraid I'm a Traditionalist, too, and like soft colors, but putting unexpected colors together can be fun! The B&W toile looks great with the green, lime & grey solids!
'To each his own', as my mother used to say. It'd be a boring world if we all liked exactly the same thing!
Sorry about the painful gout episodes. Hope it's eased off!
Stay warm!
Susan

Finding Joy said...

What a busy week you have had. While you are "enjoying" the cold, we have finally got some hot summer weather after a very mild start.

Hoping the gout is improving.

Dee said...

Hi Dallas, So happy to hear your Etsy is keeping you busy..your art is nice...I am sure your customers will cherish their purchase. What a great idea for comunity coffee...I wish your church well withthe venture and pray it will bring people to Christ.I also like the open house to get to know others sisters in Christ. You indeed have a full life...Dee

Abounding Treasures said...

So good to *hear* from all of you and *chat* once again ~ I've missed being here as often as I used to but I guess I'm busier at this end than I used to be :o)

Blessings to each of you!