Friday, December 24, 2010

An Early Gift

I know it's Christmas tomorrow but this year the Lord gave me a special gift early!!

No one but my husband knew the results of my screening biopsy which took place on November 23rd.

Almost 2 weeks after it took place, I received an ominous letter in the mail saying that the radiologist who had examined the mammogram results detected an abnormality and that a more intense diagnostic mammogram as well as an ultrasound were required. 

Those tests took place very early Dec 13th.  At that time, I also glanced at the top of the report that the technician had on her desk and read those dreaded words -- NODULE - LUMP!!

Only the Lord knows how difficult the past 12 days have been.

Even though my husband would say that "sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof", from time to time, all sorts of thoughts would wander through my mind but that's the joy of the Lord, those thoughts never stayed there ... He helped them to pass by!

I knew that I wouldn't be able to handle this on my own and with each day of waiting, I found solace in the Word of God and the promise that He is with me every step of my journey and I finally got to the point that I accepted that whatever He allowed was for a purpose and prayed that in the midst of it all, He would give me the strength to go through it and the grace and help to be a help to someone in the midst of it all, for His glory.

I also found great help in reading the amazing words and personal experiences of 3 dear sisters in the Lord via their personal blog journeys with breast cancer ~ Hope, Kelly and Sheri Easter and like the 3 of them, I would urge any who have NOT had a mammogram to make an appointment ~ early detection saves lives!!

Today was the 12th day and I decided to phone my family doctor who in turn phoned to get the results for me --- the very welcome news is that the more intense mammogram and the ultrasound showed ALL CLEAR and he thinks that what the screening picked up was possibly scar tissue from the various procedures and 2 different pacemakers I had years ago for my heart issues!!

I've been told to return to a regular screening mammogram schedule -- he said they were being very careful and wanted to be sure of what the original picked up :o)

My DH was out delivering a cinnamon ring to his sister and her family when I received this wonderful news so we shared the joy when he walked back in the door!!

My 1st reaction to the Dr's words were tears of thankfulness to the Lord.  My 2nd reaction was an apology to Him for the time that I had wasted with any negative thoughts which turned out to be so unnecessary!!

May I continue learning to lean on Him and not on my own understanding!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all, a Good Night :o)



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!

Rejoicing with you my sweet friend. (o:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praising the Lord with you!

Merriest Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Praise the Lord for this good news ~ what a wonderful Christmas present!

A blessed Christmas to you and your family, Dallas ~ one filled with His joy and love, and abundant thanksgiving too!

Blessings,
Sharon

Jeannette said...

A very joyous Christmas to you...I'm glad the doctor was available. I'm glad the consolation of the Lord was available whenever you reached beyond the taunting fears and doubts to find it. I can relate...I "know" that that which is not of faith is sin and I don't mean to entertain fear, but there've been times, visiting various docs that I learn up close and personal that in me, it isn't a perfected process!
Thank you for taking the time to share this vulnerable reminder and your glorious good news!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So happy to hear of the good news!

Lori said...

Praise the Lord! What a wonderful Christmas present to receive.

Merry Christmas!

Susan B said...

Oh Dallas,
So thankful that the results for good!! Praise God!!

I know you will have a thankful, and Merry Christmas! God bless you, dear friend. :)

susansspace said...

I can relate to your days of concern, but truly good news that you received an all clear report from the 2nd mammogram & untrasound! Praise God!(from Whom all blessings flow!)

Finding Joy said...

Praise the Lord both for holding your hand during the time of must need and comfort and for the excellent results you received justbefore Christmas.

Now you can relax today knowing all is well.

Christmas Blessings.

Beth Herring said...

Praising the Lord with you my friend. I had a mammogram done a few months back and was just so nervous waiting for the results. I can't imagine what turmoil you went through but God is so good! He is enough - praise Him!

Aliene said...

God does like to surprise His children, doesn't He? Glad that all is well. A wonderful Christmas present, indeed!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas...such wonderful news! Praises be to Him! Blessings ♥ Teri

Abounding Treasures said...

I am overwhelmed by the kindness and care shown by each and every one of you dear sisters in Christ ~ thank you for the time you took to leave a comment even during this very busy time of year ... may each dear one continue to experience the Lord's amazing blessings in a marked way :o)