Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Part of Our Domestic Happiness

It's a beautiful, warm, sunny crisp autumn day in my neck of the woods and since I have lots of apples to use up quickly, I made a 9" Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Pie . . .as well as a small 2 crust apple pie especially for my dear husband's *take-to-work* lunch tomorrow ~

After all, Jane Austen did say that "good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness!"

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if mine qualify :o)

13 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, boy! Does your pie look lovely!

Sarah said...

It looks delicious!

Lady Farmer said...

You can't go wrong with apple pie!
Yumm!

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious! I bet your house smells *wonderful*. (o:

Carolyn said...

Hi Dallas!

I am so blessed that you came by for a visit today....as I in return came to see you...my treat!!! I have read your story of your salvation and your journey...touched my heart! You are a very special lady and I have enjoyed getting to know you via blogland! :) Anyone who quotes Elisabeth Elliott has to be special!!! :D I used to listen to her radio program and gleaned so much from her wisdom!!! When I was going thru my divorce, I leaned on her radio program and the Lord so much! Her voice had become a source of strength when I was at my very weakest! God certainly used her for His glory!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

P.S. Your apple pie looks so yummy!! :)

Anonymous said...

The pie looks yummy! Jane Austen rocks!

HOPE said...

I LOVE anything with fresh apples.

The best apples I have ever had are HONEY CRISP..and they are crisp!

I know your husband must certainly appreciate not only dessert but some for his lunch too!!

God bless!
HOPE

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I haven't heard that quote before but I love it!

Finding Joy said...

And they make the house smell wonderful. Looks lovely.

Susan B said...

Dallas,
That pie looks delicious! And I love the Jane Austen quote...I've never read it before.

susansspace said...

A good apple pie is hard to beat, & I'll bet yours was yummy!

Abounding Treasures said...

Wow! I didn't expect so many wonderful comments but thank you to ALL of you for taking the time to let me know you were here --

It seems that apple pies and Jane Austen touch something in each of us :o)

I froze the larger pie and the house DID smell delicious, even if I don't say so myself :o)

Blessings to each of you ...

Unknown said...

Oh, that pie looks so yummy! Have a blessed weekend!