Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Moonlight


For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.  
For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.  
 
~ Edwin Way Teale ~
We had a lovely, full, harvest moon like this
shine several nights ago and it was breathtaking!


12 comments:

Sharon said...

That is such a serene picture!

Jeannette said...

The moon was so strong and bright and ever present last week that I was not able to see any more stars in the otherwise unlite mountain sky than one can see from the average town! When she shines...she shines.
A lovely autumn season to you.

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
This is a lovely image. I love harvest moons, they are so beautiful!

I hope you are having a wonderful week! :)

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful painting! (o:

Sarah said...

The picture and quote are lovely!

Mo said...

I cannot BELIEVE that you quoted Edwin Way Teale....I bought a book of his about a month ago at a thrift store....and I like it so much, I bought another one he wrote. A Naturalist Buys An Old Farm....Wandering Through Winter !! These are really good books to read before bed. "We continued to sweep the river, up and down, with our binoculars. The cold wind seemed less cold as eagle after eagle went by."

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

It is, isn't it?!

***

Jeannette,

Wow! That must have been breathtaking to see!

***

Susan,

So do I and we are :o)

***

Michele,

Thanks! I do love it :o)

***

Like Sunshine,

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it!

***

Mrs Mobunny,

Glad I did and that you enjoyed it so!

Those 2 books by him that you found at a thrift store sound delightful ... I wonder if they are somewhat similar to Hal Borland or Gladys Taber's books?

~*~

Blessings to each of you as you enjoy the final part of this week!

Mo said...

Gladys Taber is my favorite!!!! I like to read her books before bed, too. Very relaxing.

Abounding Treasures said...

Mrs Mobunny,

I've re-read most of her books over the years, borrowed from libraries but have finally managed to find several of them via used books stores for my very own :o)

Finding Joy said...

I just love that photo - it has such peace about it. I have copied it and might use it if you don't mind.

Mo said...

I like the way they look on my shelf!

Abounding Treasures said...

Jo,

It is a lovely photo and you're more than welcome -- I got it at allposters.com --

***

Mrs Mobunny,

:o) I know what you mean!