Wednesday, August 11, 2010
A Perfect Day for Baking
The weather was mild today and gray and cloudy ~ a perfect afternoon for baking, especially since I'm having a few friends over tomorrow evening! I baked 7 layer squares as well as a mince pie from my freezer and made pineapple refrigerator dessert.
I don't even think I've had the fans on much today ~ not sure if that means fall is in the air or it's just an unusual day?!
Tomorrow morning a friend is giving me a ride to the hospital for blood tests and then Friday I go into the city for an echo-cardiogram ~ an ultrasound of the heart.
Being in the city, I'm anticipating doing some shopping at my favourite thrift store and perhaps popping into Michaels' craft store to see what's new or on sale :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hi Dallas ~ Your dessert looks so delicious! We are still having very hot weather here...looking forward to the fall season! It is always fun to do a little browsing at "thrift shops" and "craft shops!" Hope that you find a special treasure! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you have your medical procedures! Simple blessings!
That pineapple dessert looks yummy!
I'll be praying for excellent results on your blood tests & echocardiagram tomorrow!
Happy thrifting & crafts shopping!
S: )
Oh please say that fall is in the air and that it is drifting south! :)
Praying that all goes well with your tests and what a wonderful way to end the day...with shopping.
Your dessert looks yummy!
We're having a heat wave here, my oh my has it been HOT and HUMID this summer!
Have fun in the city hope you find some fun crafty things. (o:
We are having a grey wet day on Sunday which will be lovely as I can do indoor things like baking.
The dessert looks delicious.
Hi Dallas..sorry, a bit late here..I do hope all your tests went very well, please do let us know okay?
I hope you enjoyed your thrift shopping, always so much fun to see what we might find! Let us know if you found any treasures.
That dessert looks yummylicious...
My thoughts are with you - God willing all should be well.
Take care and keep crafting,
Monica
Dear Ladies,
Thanks for all your sweet comments!
Post a Comment