First of all, I want to THANK everyone who left such caring comments regarding my echo for Friday and my biopsy for yesterday! It's always such a blessing to me that you care enough to take the time out of your busy lives to encourage and strengthen me.
The echo/ultrasound results showed very little change from this past March and the biopsy yesterday morning showed that everything is GREAT!!
I guess I was getting a little winded when doing things because I need to EXERCISE MORE :o)
This past March at my annual check-up, they were NOT able to get a biopsy reading because the samples they took from my heart were fibrous and because of that, I didn't want to push myself when I began feeling winded just in case my body was trying to tell me something ~ now, I have no excuse and know why it's happening :o)
I spent the early part of Friday treasure hunting at my favourite thrift store and came away with 5 childrens' books ~ 4 of them were 69 CENTS each, then you get a 5th one FREE!!
I also spent some time browsing one of our Michaels' craft stores and bought some beautifully coloured cotton yarn that was on sale!
While waiting for my husband to get off work Friday, I managed to almost finish this dish cloth :o)
Yesterday, we had to wake up at 5 AM and I arrived at the hospital catheterization lab about 7:30 AM but they always ask you to be there by that time when you're an outpatient = you walked in on your own steam rather than being brought in by stretcher :o)
Once you're called in, there is prepping with sheets and dyes and such while the nurses and doctor get organized. The area to be catheterized is frozen and I had a choice this time ~ groin area or jugular vein in my neck ~ with the latter, you are able to leave as soon as the cath tub is removed and your vitals are taken afterwards in the recovery area and you are dressed.
With the in-groin cath, you have to lay on your back for 1.5 hours afterwards and they check on you a few times once they've removed the cath tube.
I chose the in-groin method because time was not an issue for me yesterday. Besides, I've got enough scars on my neck in that exact area from multiple biopsies taken during the 1st year post-transplant as well as others during the 2nd through 4th years! Not using the neck area also meant no oppressive draping of sheets and multiple covers over my head which is so much more comfortable!
Before the procedure, I had prayed for the Lord's strength and grace ~ that NO MATTER what the news, He would carry me in His everlasting arms because I knew I was not sufficient --- after I received the phone call telling me the good news [while I was wandering around Michaels' craft store yesterday in the late afternoon], I paused to thank Him for His grace and for the marvellous news!
In treasure-hunting at another thrift store yesterday, I found 2 sets of lovely pillowcases ~ one an ivory with a lacy edge and the other white with a multi-coloured applique edge
During my wait in the clinic earlier in the afternoon, I only had enough time to begin another dishcloth using one of the skeins I purchased on Friday ~ it's not that I did LESS waiting yesterday, but less of it was useable for something like this :o)
Blessings,



12 comments:
Dear Dallas,
I'm so glad to hear the news about your biopsy, and echo/ultra sound. That is fabulous! So thankful all is well with you.
You found some lovely things at the thrift stores. The pillowcases are beautiful! Your dish cloths are so pretty.
Have a nice evening! :)
Thank you for sharing the good news that you received from your procedures! You found such nice treasures from your little antique shopping. The dish cloths are so nice also. I would love to learn to crochet...I have all the things that I need including a beginners guide...just need to take a little time and learn how! Sweet blessings!
Dear Dallas, Praising God for this good report on your heart. I loved seeing all that you got at the thrift store-some of my favorite childrens books.
Blessings to you today.
Noreen
I'm *so glad* that all is well with your heart and that your procedure went so well, my friend! (o:
Great news!!! Thank goodness for the power of prayer! Love the dishcloth and the pillow cases. I am never that lucky to find such great treasures and as much as I love those dishclothes, I just can't find the cotton yarn over here. :-( xxoo
Dear, dear Dallas,
Thanks for all the details of your check up and your treasure hunting...
Am relieved to know that all went well - I had a hunch that it would be that way.
You are such a great soul and I am sure being such an awesome crafter works like therapy - you know what I mean.
I love all your shopping and the crocheted dish cloths. What a nice way to spend your time waiting for someone. I had started keeping a small box with my quilling supplies and I used to quill away where ever I went... I am going to start that again.
The applique pillow cases are so pretty and so are the white lace ones.
I have made some flowers that resemble roses - on my own from scalloped punch that I own. It was time consuming but a great experience. Do have a look at them.
Love,
Monica
I love the new look of your new blog. So very soft and pastel.
So happy to hear your tests all came out good! Such nice finds at the thrift store. :)
This must be an ordeal to go through every year. So happy that all your precedures & tests, as well as the results, went well.
God is good!
As always, you found some really neat bargains! Beatrix Potter books for 69 cents! Super!
Love the pretty dish cloths you make, too!
Blessings, Susan
Oh Dallas I am so happy to hear that everything has turned out so well for you, I give thanks to our Lord.
How nice it also was that you found the treasures that you did. Your pillow cases are so beautiful and I LOVE books. As a new Grammy I am especially interested in children's books again. I love Beatrix Potter and "Love You Forever" was given to my daughter by her Sunday School teacher when she was little..what a wonderful book. :)
Your dishcloths are beautiful as always..I can't wait to start one!! I must get my crocheted Christmas gifts done first though. :)
Again..so very happy to hear all is well with you. Hugs!!
Dear Dallas,
Great News.... :) praying!
Love~ Miss Jen ♥
Susan,
Thanks for your good wishes!
I loved the 2 sets of pillow cases as soon as I laid eyes on them and they were only $1.98 per set!!!
***
Teri,
You're welcome :o)
I encourage you to give crocheting a try because you'll catch on fast and love it!!
***
Noreen,
Thanks for your good wishes!
At the checkout the woman suggested I go back to find another since buying 4 gives you the 5th free :o)
***
Michele,
Thanks for your good wishes!
***
Marie,
Prayer is powerful and I pray that I might truly realize that more and more!!
Too bad you can't find that cotton yarn where you are :o(
***
Monica,
Great that you found your way over here from my crafting blog!
Thanks for your good wishes and kind thoughts ...
I took a look at those roses you talked about and they are GORGEOUS!
Being able to quill while waiting for an appt is a great way to pass the time AND produce a product that will speed things up when you're creating your cards!
***
Sharon Kay,
Thanks for your good wishes!
I love treasure hunting in thrift stores because you never know what you're going to find :o)
***
Susan,
No, it's not really an ordeal ~ every transplant patient is told that this will happen *at least* once per year for the rest of life so it's expected ~ it's the only way to discover how things are going :o)
This was not actually my annual check but rather a 6 month check because they couldn't get a reading 6 mo ago since each piece the Dr took for biopsy was *fibrous* ... meaning it cannot give them a clue to what's going on.
***
Lori,
Thanks!! I'm working on crocheted Christmas gifts as well as my regular ones ~ it'll be great when you can give it a try once you're caught up :o)
The childrens' book section is quite large and it takes awhile to browse through ~ since I'm so short, I don't really bother with the very top 2 shelves since I can't reach them and can barely read the titles anyways!
I love thrifting and always enjoy wandering around browsing until I spot what is a treasure to me :o)
***
Miss Jen,
Thanks! Congratulations on writing for that new blog ~ you must be enjoying it so much :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments! I love reading each and every one and always come away feeling blessed to know each of you, even if it's only via blog land :o)
Post a Comment