"Likewise ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands,
that if any obey not the word,
they also may without the word,
they also may without the word,
be won by the *conversation of the wives,
while they behold
your chaste * conversation coupled with **fear.
your chaste * conversation coupled with **fear.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning
of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold,
of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold,
or of putting on of apparel --
But let it be the hidden man of the heart,
in that which is not corruptible,
even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,
even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,
which is in the sight of God of great price."



9 comments:
Dallas,
Yes, I am reading a book on this subject. "As Unto the Lord".
God's ways are not the worlds ways.
Truthfully I have read a few books on this subject. Thank you for posting on this subject..
Many Blessings,
Virginia
Amen!!!
What a beautiful post, love the picture, love the Scripture and your thoughts at the end as well, my friend. (o:
Blessings!
Amen, Dallas...you are so right!
Thankfully it is not modern; it is in fact timeless, transcendent and very valuable advice.
I love these verses!
I learned years ago in Bible School that 'conversation' used to mean 'manner of life' and not talking.
This I think makes the verse so encouraging as it means that by the way you life your life some of your unbelieving husbands may come to know the Lord.
I am thankful that my husband is a believer, but these are encouraging verses for women to learn to have a meek and quiet spirit.
Thanks.
I embrace this teaching..it is from the Lord. :)
This is a foreign language to many in our society, even, sadly for some Christians.
Absolutely!!! WONDERFUL post Dallas and your own thoughts..AMEN!
What joy it is to serve the LORD and be obedient to HIS WORD that yeilds so many blessings!
Thank you!
HOPE
This verse means so much to me and so often, I fall short ... but I'm thankful that the Lord knows my heart ...
I thought this might touch the hearts of those reading and I'm so thankful that all of you took the time to share your thoughts and your hearts with me :o)
Post a Comment