We had a wonderful weekend!On Saturday we visited the same elderly friend who gifted my husband with a Bible not too long ago. He lives in a nearby nursing home and we always enjoy our visits together.
On Sunday afternoon we headed over to the special ministry meetings that were taking place in a giant outdoor tent as part of a weekend-long conference with hundreds of people. The Lord blessed us with wonderful sunny weather and from time to time, a nice breeze. We renewed some old friendships and met some new brothers and sisters in the Lord.
On our return home Sunday evening, I could see that my patio tomato plant had keeled over ~ I hadn't watered it Sunday morning and because of the day long sun, it must have dried out and I was so disappointed because it had been growing like crazy and I was so looking forward to enjoying its abundant fruit when the time came.
I gave it a HUGE drink and my husband strengthened the tie and tall stick he had put in a couple of weeks ago for extra support and I realized that by morning I'd know if it was going to survive . . .
I'm happy to report that it's standing tall and it's no longer wilting!!
It reminds me of ME - if I don't take nourishment from the Word of God on a regular basis, I can wilt and keel over in the circumstances that come into my life.
Time spent in the Word or time spent under the sound of its teaching are always refreshing and encouraging!!
11 comments:
Hello Dallas!
Happy your tomato plant recuperated so nicely!
We are off to a very hot and dry summer. Two weeks ago we had an eight day heatwave and we are expecting the next two days to reach 100 degrees with no relief all week. No rain at all and everything is burning up. We are trying to keep the flower beds, potted plants and bushes watered and just enough on the lawn to prevent losing it completely. Hate to see those water bills!
This past winter was one of the coldest on record with one of the highest snow accumulation. Guess we are living in extremes!
So nice stopping by!
Beautiful post! I just found your blog yesterday and love it and became a follower. :-) Hope you have a blessed day!
You are so right! I'm glad it is going to make it!! :)
That is a very good analogy!--So true!
Indeed & Amen!!
Time spent in God's Word is SO
refreshing and strengthening to the soul!!
Love~ Miss Jen
LDH,
Wow! Your temps are really high ~ I can't say that I've ever experienced temps that HIGH!!
Do most homes in your area have air conditioning? There are a few people on our street that do but my DH has sinus and allergy problems that are increased by it :o(
***
Eden,
Thanks and welcome to my little place in *blog land* :o)
***
Kay,
Me too ~ I'm really looking forward to some ripe, juicy and tastier than store-bought tomatoes!
***
Michele,
I had no plans to compare the two until I began to write and then there was just no avoiding it because the lesson SCREAMED AT ME!! :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you and to the writer of the 5th comment, I'm not sure where it disappeared to in cyberspace but thanks for taking the time to leave it!
***
I'm glad your tomato plant recovered. You are so right about reading of the Word! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. :)
great analogy....and sometimes you can be dehydrating and not even know it...is is time to guzzle ....on and off all day....
great post..
Deby
Miss Jen,
That is is!
***
Susan,
Thanks ~ other than the intense heat and humidity, I am :o)
***
Deby,
It's true ~ I can become dehydrated and not even realize it!
I love that phrase ~ time to guzzle, on and off all day :o)
Dallas, I hope you're staying cool today; loved this post and it is so true.
Have a wonderful weekend-we are off camping tomorrow.
Hugs, Noreen
Noreen,
With LOTS of fans blowing around me and at me, it's not as bad as I expected ~ as long as I don't go to an area not covered by one :o)
Have a great time camping!
Post a Comment