I don't know about you, but when I was a young girl, I didn't take the time to ask my maternal grandparents what their lives were like as children ... what their own families were like growing up ... what memories they had of their own grandparents :o(
They both had died by the time I was in grade 9 and in later years, I always regretted not being interested when they were alive and were probably more than willing to share their stories with me.
I began researching our joint family tree in 1998 and over the years have managed to put together a lot of our ancestry.
This very old blue vase means far more to me now that I know more about my grandmother's mother!
Blessings to all, this Thursday morning :o)

5 comments:
When I was a teenager I lived with my Aunt (her house was closer to my school). I thought she was old and fussy and she would make me cross. Now looking back I just wished I had spent more time finding out about her life - she was a single lady that traveled the world (when women didn't do it alone), university educated (before it was common for women) and as a result quite remarkable. But now it is too late as my mother is getting to old and sick to want to talk about her childhood or that of her siblings.
I used to ask my Grandma about the family and life, but she never had much to say! :) I think sometimes when we live our lives we don't think of them as special or important but they are! We are the ancestors to future generations!
I find that the older I get the more interested I have become in my family's history. And thanks to you I know even more! (o:
Your vase is very *lovely*. (o:
Blessings!
Very pretty vase. Too bad I didn't talk more to my grandparents....or listen......
Jo,
What an interesting story your aunt must have had to tell ...
Sorry that your mother is now too old and sick to want to share her childhood memories :o(
What an interesting childhood YOU must have had ~ I trust that you are writing it down for future generations!
***
Deanna,
That is so true! Yet, there will be those in future generations who would treasure hearing YOUR story!
**
Michele,
I found that too and also, was thrilled that I could add to your knowledge :o)
~*~
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment