Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Happenings

I've almost finished the invitations my daughter asked me to make for the Bridal Shower she is holding for her friend -- unfortunately I miscalculated and need 4 more sheets of card stock to do the rest!!

Sometime later today, a friend of ours is to arrive for a few days' visit. He is the young Jewish fellow I mentioned before who trusted Christ as his Saviour a few years ago ... it was his story and others like it that really made me want to read The Search by Lorna Simcox.

So, in preparation for this evening, I've got beef-veggie soup simmering in my slow cooker and I baked 2 apple-cinnamon coffee cakes and 1 simple white cake. One of the coffee cakes will be going to my son who shares an apartment with a childhood friend here in town while the others will be for our *company* ... :o)

EDITED to EXPLAIN BETTER -- Tonight we also have to go to our weekly prayer meeting and Bible study so I'm off to set the table and get things around here organized so we can leave as soon as my DH swallows the last of his soup as he gets home so late!

Have a great day and week :o)

The flower painting is by Barbara Mock, courtesy of AllPosters.com

6 comments:

Susan B said...

Sounds like a busy time! I hope you enjoy your friend's visit, and your Bible study. Beef vegetable soup sounds very yummy!

Have a lovely week Dallas. :)

HOPE said...

I was hoping to SEE the invitations!! I bet they are lovely as is all your work you do...so much talent!!

I visited your Etsy..what a nice idea with the butterflies mounted as music sheets...very pretty.

God bless
HOPE

Lady Farmer said...

My, Dallas!
You are one busy lady! I imagine your invitations are beautiful. Do show us a photo, won't you?
And, Oh! You are so gracious! Do you serve a meal with your prayer meeting and Bible Study?
Enjoy the fellowship!
Blessings!

Finding Joy said...

Aren't slow cookers a great invention - now that it is winter I use mine quite a bit. The apple-cinnamon coffee cake sounds wonderful - I love cinnamon and use it in lots of things.

Happy week to you
hug
Jo

C said...

The Food Sounds yummy!!! I hope when my boys get older (currently 5 and 9 months) I would bake them stuff and drop it off to them.

What a sweet idea.

Enjoy your company and God Bless!

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

The visit is going well and we managed to drive quickly and made it just in time for the prayer meeting/Bible study ...

***

Hope,

Glad you liked the music notes paper in butterfly shapes at Etsy!
I'll share the rough sample invitations we decided on and then later next week, will share the finished product :o)

***

Lady Farmer,

I edited my post to make the last part clearer ~ I had to hurry in doing the original because I had to set the table so my husband could eat FAST and we could dash out the door to arrive at the prayer/Bible study on time!

He gets home late so I eat earlier and am already to go -

***

Jo,

Slow cookers are FANTASTIC!! I love cinnamon as well and it always goes great with apples and brown sugar :o)

***

Coffee and a Mop,

I'm sure you will do just the same when your 2 sweet little boys become *big boys* :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas