Thursday, May 6, 2010

On May Way to Heaven for 33 Years

I don't know how I could have missed celebrating it on my blog ... put it down to being busy ... but the most important moment in my life took place on May 3, 1977 when I realized that the Lord Jesus Christ had paid for my sins on Calvary's cross and I was saved for eternity!

That was 33 years ago this past Monday and although there have been many ups and downs along the way as well as years of ill health and being near death, the Lord has been with me every step of the way, just as He promised that day He would, carrying me in His everlasting arms:

"I will never leave thee,
nor forsake thee."

~ Hebrews 13:5 ~

He has always been faithful to me though I have not been so to Him ... His grace and mercy are beyond measure and glory of glories ~ it's not because of anything I did, am doing or could ever do --- No! It's ALL because of the cross work of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Here's a hymn that I've been meditating on lately that I'm sure you'll enjoy:

I AM WAITING FOR THE DAWNING

I am waiting for the dawning
of the bright and blessed day,
when the darksome night of sorrow
shall have vanished far away:
when for ever with the Saviour
far beyond this vale of tears,
I shall swell the song of worship
through the everlasting years.

I am looking at the brightness -
see, it shineth from afar -
of the clear and joyous beaming
of the bright and morning Star.
Through the dark grey mist of morning
do I see its glorious light;
then away with every shadow
of this sad and weary night.

I am waiting for the coming
of the Lord who died for me;
oh, His wounds have thrilled my spirit,
'I will come again for Thee.'
I can almost hear His footfall,
on the threshold of the door,
and my heart, my heart is longing
to be with Him evermore.


8 comments:

HOPE said...

Happy NEW BIRTH day! Mine was March 7..saved in 1973! When I was shown the scriptures in Romans chpt. 5 my eyes and heart were opened to the glorious truth of our precious Saviour..and ALL HE DID FOR ME...

A wonderful song..thank you so much for sharing those precious words of truth!

HUGS

HOPE

Dee said...

\0/ Praise to the Lord for your day of celebration. That was a day that all of heaven rejoiced.

susansspace said...

What a beautiful poem!
Happy Re-birth-day, Dallas!

Anonymous said...

Happy Spiritual Birthday! (o:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A most special anniversary to celebrate! My 32nd anniversary will be in September. Our first child was 9 weeks old.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy "New Birth" day, Dallas!

Finding Joy said...

Thank-you for sharing the hymn - I hadn't heard that one before - I will add it to my collection.

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Surely He shall deliver thee... He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust....
(Psalms 91:2-4)

Abounding Treasures said...

Dear Ladies,

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and to some of you for sharing how many years ago it was that the Lord saved your precious souls!!

I love the verse that Jo shared:

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Surely He shall deliver thee... He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust...." -- Psalms 91:2-4

All our hearts can say Amen! and again I say AMEN!!

Blessings to each of you -
Dallas