I can hardly believe the temps here ~ 52 deg F or 11 deg Celsius ~ no matter what you call it, it's UNHEARD of at this time of year!! Usually we are still having snow, cold temps and lots of wind so this is deligtful :o)
In my own yard, I'll know that spring is really here when the little stubs of all my bleeding heart shrubs begin to poke above ground with a touch of green on them!!We have a friend staying with us at least until Tuesday morning and he has brought his little Yorkie dog who is as cute as a button and so well behaved :o)
We have an elderly friend in a seniors' complex to visit tomorrow afternoon and a bit of shopping to do.
When I was in the hospital recuperating just after my heart transplant in April 2005, a friend that I hadn't seen in 10 years popped into my room to surprise me and we had a delightful time getting reacquainted. Unfortunately, she was only in this part of the country because her mother was quite ill.
Well, I may be seeing this old friend again early next week, but once again, she's going to be in this part of the country because her dear mother is near death's door.
She and I were young mothers together MANY YEARS AGO, so I look forward to seeing her and will treasure any small amount of time she is able to be away from her family during this visit ... but I am so sorry that they are having to go through this terrible valley ...
May all of you enjoy a wonderful weekend with your loved ones!



7 comments:
Good Day, Dallas!
I think bleading hearts are so precious. I think I can guess why they are so special to you! ;~}
Mine are just poking up to say hello to the warm sunny days we are having. Hope they don't get caught like in years past with a bit of snow in April!
Enjoy your visits with friends and company. Spending time with them is so important, isn't it.
Blessings!
Dear Dallas..I'm so glad you enjoyed my TEA visit..I'm one who enjoys pics people share like this..makes you feel as though you are there with them..I hope you did, it would have been lovely to have you there too!
I chuckled at 52 degrees..here today it is 72!! Nice..but I love cool weather and 52 is just right for me!!!
My buds are coming up too and the little birdies are chirping a way..I love it.
God bless YOU with a wonderful weekend..
HOPE
I love that last quote Dallas!
Hello Dallas! Nice to have visitors and to be able to see old friends!
Being alive is special!
I hope you enjoy your time with your longtime friend. Sorry that the occassion of her visit is once again a difficult one for her, but I'm sure you'll be a bright spot in her stay there.
Blessings, Susan
Awww...
love that quote.
Love in Christ~ Jen
I love visiting with friends and catching up on time passed bye. Happy Spring!!! Love your header photo.
Post a Comment