"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love
that does not show itself in protection from suffering ....
The love of God did not protect His own Son
.... He will not necessarily protect us
- not from anything it takes
to make us like His Son.
A lot of hammering and chiseling
and purifying by fire
will have to go into the process."
~ Elisabeth Elliot ~

9 comments:
Such timely words ~ there has been lots of hammering and chiseling here for quite a while. Often times your posts are most encouraging :)
I agree....not easy...but always worth it...the process can be hard...but we love and serve a God who knows our limits and tailors our life just perfect....I don't always yield to this...I am still in the process....
Deby
LDH,
I can identify with this because a LOT of hammering and chiseling has gone on here as well as in our extended family ...
***
Deby,
I know what you mean! I'm in the process too and have much to learn as my steps lead homeward and Heavenward :o)
~*~
May you each enjoy a blessed Lord's Day with your families,
Dallas
I thought I'd already commented on this post but I couldn't remember.--So I thought I'd wait until you put the comments through to see and now I know that I didn't.
Anyway, this quote was a real blessing to me and I appreciate your sharing it.
I also went back and read your Sharon's story and your heart transplant story. Oh my, you sure know the meaning of this quote that you just shared because you've lived it. It makes it all the more meaningful to me.
You're a blessing!
~Michele
This reminds me of the story about the Silversmith...the refining fire...and how the dross had to be burned away before he could see the Shining refined pure silver!
A continual process in the life of true believers....
Diamonds in the rough....
But one day...Perfect, without blemish...
because of our LORD Jesus Christ.
Amen..Dallas, thank you for sharing this.
HOPE~
WOW.... that was glorious!!!!!!!
I may just use that for a future
"Thoughtful Thursday"
if that's ok with you, dear Mrs.D!
Love in Jesus~ Miss Jen
Michele,
I am so glad that this quote was a blessing to you!
Your sweet comments warmed my heart and encouraged me ...
This refining is a continual process and I am so thankful that the Lord is there holding me in His everlasting arms throughout, until He takes me home to be with Himself :o)
***
Hope,
AMEN!
Diamonds in the rough, continually refined until we are just like Him, at home in Glory, seeing our Saviour face to face!
Doesn't it just thrill your soul and make you feel so humbled and thankful?!!
***
Miss Jen,
Isn't it a wonderful thought! Not only does He take away the dross, but He carries us in His everlasting arms as He does it and helps and keeps us!?
That is just wonderful with me because I was only passing it on ~ it's Elisabeth Elliott's quote and she would be delighted that both of us have been blessed by it and want to share it :o)
~*~
Blessings to all you dear sisters in Christ ... you've all been a tremendous blessing to me,
Dallas
Last night and today..I am feeling this process...oh so physically...and as I re-read this post...I thought..we are usually going into...in the middle of--or coming out of something like this..
I would guess that is where our growth comes....not easy...but still trying HARD to trust, today...
Deby
Deby,
Amen ~ we are usually either going into something like this or coming out ~ and I agree, that is where our growth comes from and where we are molded to resemble our Lord more and more ...
Sometimes, as you say, it's so very hard and even though He carries us always, it's during those difficult times that I seem to notice it the most!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment