I'm not sure about the weather where YOU live, but we have been having an unusual summer all 'round.
Take a close look at 3 of the pix inside the mosaic and remember that it's July and not December!
When I was in the grocery store this afternoon, I heard something pounding on the roof and turned around to see what it was . . . big hailstones or ice pellets were falling everywhere and it lasted about 10 minutes.
By the time I left the store, the sun was shining a little and the temp outside was about 20 degrees Celsius [not sure what that is Fahrenheit - about 72ish?] but the pellets were still frozen and sitting on the porch, certain spots on the lawns and under my neighbour's downspout.
It was SO heavy that it caused flower buds and leaves to be whipped off and blown all over!
I'm thankful that I wasn't outside when it struck :o)
Blessings,

7 comments:
We too have had a strange summer....it sure keeps us guessing doesn't it....ahhhh....it will pass to fast...and then my favorite season..but until then...well, I will enjoy this summer...whatever it brings as I am sure you are...
love,
deby
Wow.... that is AMAZING!
I wonder if you will have a
more warm summer a little latter
than usual!
Blessings~ Jen
How unusual for this time of year! Glad you weren't outside to get pelted by the hail!
Have a great week!
Susan
Oh my! I'm glad you were safely inside when the hail hit! (o:
Deby,
As you say, I will enjoy this summer whatever it brings because it will pass all too quicly :o)
***
Jen,
Anything seems to be possible this summer :o)
We also usually have lovely Indian summer weather throughout Sept into early Oct so I hope we still get to enjoy that!
***
Susan,
It sure is and I'm glad I wasn't either!!
***
Michele,
You can say that again :o)
I saw one fellow leave the store and try to cover his head with his hands --- he wasn't outside 20 seconds and he dashed back into the store!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Hey Ms. Dallas. :) I didn't realize you "spoke Celsius"! I hadn't thought about it, but always assumed you lived in the US and spoke Fahrenheit? Where abouts do you live? I've been reading your blog for over a year but not sure if you've mentioned it...if its something you're not comfortable with, feel free to just say if you're in the US or not...it made me kind of curious when I saw you refer to the Celsius. :)
Lisa,
I live in Canada and probably have only mentioned it a couple of times!
I grew up on Fahrenheit but about Grade 4/5 the schools did the changeover and I still have trouble converting from one to the other ...
Post a Comment