I surely do! Wow! That cookbook is even worth more than I was previously told and it looks fantastic!
***
Kristi,
I've never read any of Lucado's children's books but have 1 large hardcover that holds 3 of his titles and it's filled with devotional material that I thoroughly enjoy!
Oh I LOVE reading and especially love thrifted books. We have a "pay per pound" Goodwill about 2 miles from our home, and the books there only cost 25 cent per pound! I have literally filled 2 large bookshelves full of awesome children's books for my son (we plan on homeschooling with many of them when he's older!). I also get a lot of older hardback books for myself. Right now I'm reading "The Child Under Six" (one I found there this past weekend, and written in 1960 I think it was). I just finished one chapter where it talks about the "new" trend of mothers leaving their children to go to work and how there were "3 million mothers" working at that time ("20 percent of mothers") and that was an 83% "increase" since 1948. The author was very alarmed at the "growing statistics" and the damage it would do to the nations future, as children need the companionship and love and "mothering" that only their mother can give them during their formative years. It was quite refreshing to read a positive viewpoint on why women need to stay home to personally nurture their infants!
I've never heard of *pay per pound* thrift stores but LOVE the idea!!
The book you're reading sounds like the author knew what he/she was talking about with regard to mothers staying home to nurture and care for their own children.
Just think what they same author would say if they could see the way things are now!!
Working moms and daycares are the norm and it's sad for the little ones :o(
Thanks for all your comments today as they've given me a better *glimpse* of you as an individual :o)
11 comments:
What a great find of books! Don't you just love thrifting? Always new surprises!
Happy reading!
Susan
Oh wow! Those are great finds! I especially like the last one. Good for you! (o:
Susan,
I LOVE thrifting!!!
***
Michele,
The card one was the best I've seen so far because it has a whole section on supplies and what can be used to creat what effect, etc.
~*~
Blessings,
Dallas
I know the Barefoot Contessa book still sells at Barnes & Noble for well over $20.00. :)
Brenda,
Wow!! I didn't realize that ~ this one appears virtally brand new except for the $1.00 sticker on the front :o)
Wow! You found some good books. I hope you enjoy them!!
Oh.... don't you just love thrift stores?! I love Ina Garten's cookbooks!! I think they go for 30-35 dollars new!
Blessings~ Jen
I love Lucado's children's books. Great finds!
~Kristi
Susan,
Thanks!
***
Jen,
I surely do! Wow! That cookbook is even worth more than I was previously told and it looks fantastic!
***
Kristi,
I've never read any of Lucado's children's books but have 1 large hardcover that holds 3 of his titles and it's filled with devotional material that I thoroughly enjoy!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Oh I LOVE reading and especially love thrifted books. We have a "pay per pound" Goodwill about 2 miles from our home, and the books there only cost 25 cent per pound! I have literally filled 2 large bookshelves full of awesome children's books for my son (we plan on homeschooling with many of them when he's older!). I also get a lot of older hardback books for myself. Right now I'm reading "The Child Under Six" (one I found there this past weekend, and written in 1960 I think it was). I just finished one chapter where it talks about the "new" trend of mothers leaving their children to go to work and how there were "3 million mothers" working at that time ("20 percent of mothers") and that was an 83% "increase" since 1948. The author was very alarmed at the "growing statistics" and the damage it would do to the nations future, as children need the companionship and love and "mothering" that only their mother can give them during their formative years. It was quite refreshing to read a positive viewpoint on why women need to stay home to personally nurture their infants!
Lisa,
I've never heard of *pay per pound* thrift stores but LOVE the idea!!
The book you're reading sounds like the author knew what he/she was talking about with regard to mothers staying home to nurture and care for their own children.
Just think what they same author would say if they could see the way things are now!!
Working moms and daycares are the norm and it's sad for the little ones :o(
Thanks for all your comments today as they've given me a better *glimpse* of you as an individual :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment