To submit to anyone less than Christ is difficult in a marriage.
Yet it is Christ who commands women to be submissive
to their sinful, fallible husbands.
In this sense Christ is the silent partner of the marriage.
It is hard for a wife to submit
when she disagrees with her husband.
But when she knows her submission
is an act of obedience
to Christ and honors Christ,
it is much less difficult.
~ R. C. Sproul ~
Yet it is Christ who commands women to be submissive
to their sinful, fallible husbands.
In this sense Christ is the silent partner of the marriage.
It is hard for a wife to submit
when she disagrees with her husband.
But when she knows her submission
is an act of obedience
to Christ and honors Christ,
it is much less difficult.
~ R. C. Sproul ~

5 comments:
Some of the most beautiful, submissive Christian women I know, are married to unbelieving husbands! Their beauty comes from obeying Jesus!
I am enjoying your lovely new changes to your blog header and background, too! ;~}
Blessings!
Lady Farmer,
Thanks for the sweet comments regarding my blog decor :o)
It must be an honour to witness these beautiful women being submissive and displaying Christ to their unbelieving husbands!
Thanks for sharing that and blessings to you,
Dallas
Hi Dallas,
This is a wonderful quote! I love your new blog look, especially your header. I hope you have a lovely week!
oh Dallas..no matter how long you have been married..this is sure something I (we) always need to hear...that old flesh wants it own way way to often..I loved this and think your new blog look is beautiful.
deby
Deby,
Thanks for your compliments on my new blog look and what you said about *older women* and submission is so true ... I have experienced it first hand, unfortunately :o(
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment