I had a wonderful time with family and friends but I was so glad to get home ... to be reunited with my dear husband and to once again realize how blessed I am.I spent a week at my son and dau-in-law's home and was thrilled to be a part of my grandsons' lives during that time. It gave me a much better idea of their little personalities and how much I love them.
We played, sang songs and my oldest grandson was delighted by the alphabet book that I took with me, just for him :o)
By the middle of that week, the two little ones and then their Mommy, came down with colds. Daddy missed it altogether and I only got a throaty cough out of it, that didn't seem to get any worse or better for the duration of the trip.
I spent lots of time here and there over the entire 4 weeks with my daughter and my mom; a little time here and there with my sister and a dear friend as well as snippets of time with my brother and other friends and an aunt and uncle! Needless to say, I was super busy most of the time and when I arrived back at my Mom's -- I was able to rest a bit :o)
Last Thursday morning, I awoke with a full-blown cold complete with stuffed up head, achy muscles, cough and sinus pain :o(
I am thankful that this didn't happen until I returned home ... I don't know about you, but I feel much more comfortable being sick at home!
I hope that I feel more like doing something this week than I did last :o)
As one of my commenters said, I have returned home with all sorts of wonderful memories filling my heart and I am so thankful that I was able to make this trip!!
Happy Belated Mother's Day!
16 comments:
So glad you had such a special time!
Welcome Back! As much fun as it is to go off for a visit, it truly is always wonderful to be back HOME, isn't it?! So glad you got to enjoy being with those grandbabies! :)
Welcome back, Dallas! We have missed you, but I'm glad that (except for catching a cold) your trip was an enjoyable one for you!
What a sweet picture! I'll bet these two little guys really kept you hopping!
Feel better soon!
Susan
so glad you were blessed by such a nice visit.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time, Dallas. Praying that cold will not last long ~ We missed you.
I am so glad you are back...you were MISSED...it sounds like your visit was wonderful....I am sure your husband missed you.....
How great that you had such a special time with family...sweet memories...so precious...
deby
Welcome back!--Sounds like you had a lovely time visiting with your family. I hope you're feeling better soon. (o:
Mrs. Rabe,
Thanks and it's good to hear from you!
***
Lori,
I wholeheartedly agree ~ the best part about going away is returning home :o)
***
Susan,
Thanks! Those little guys kept their mother hopping more than they did me ~ when things weren't going well, no matter how much they loved playing at other times, they just wanted Mommy :o)
***
Julie,
I was and the memories will last forever :o)
I know how you've been struggling and pray that the Lord gives you and your husband strength to get through each day, accepting that neither of you can do more than you are doing at the moment and peace in the knowledge that this too will pass!
***
Cathy,
Thanks so much ~ I've missed all of you too!
***
Deby,
As you know from your own visit with your daughter and her family, the memories last forever and we can *browse through them* whenever we want :o)
***
Michele,
Thanks so much! I missed all of you here in *blogland* but was never near a computer that I could use as easily as I can mine and never really had the time to post anything.
~*~
Blessings to each of you at the start of another delightful week,
Dallas
Dallas, that you so much for your precious comments on my blog.
What a wonderful place you have here, and what an inspiring woman of God you are. God has so much love for you, and you are overflowing with His love. I can tell that you are a very special lady, with a deep abiding faith and servant's heart.
May God bless you. I do hope you are soon feeling better.
Take care, and I would love to hear more from you when you're up to it.
In Christ's Love,
Andrea
Welcome Home, Dallas. I'm so glad for you that you were able to spend precious time with your family!
Dear Dallas,
I'm so glad that you are back! I missed you. It sounds as if you had a marvelous time with all of your loved ones! The picture of you and your grandsons is precious. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with them.
I hope that you are soon feeling better. I know I would rather be at home when I'm sick, than anywhere else, it's so comforting! God bless.
Mrs.D,
So glad to hear that you are home safe and sound!!! How wonderful that you had such a great time!!!!
Many Blessings in the Lord. ;)
Love & Hugs,
Miss Jen
Dear Dallas ~
Welcome Home!! I'm so glad you could enjoy this time with your family but it probably feels so good to be home too! The picture of you and your grandsons is priceless ~ a wonderful memory! I do hope you are feeling better.
Have a blessed day!
Sharon
Thank you for your kind words Andrea!
If anything is of benefit or blessing on any of my pages, all glory belongs to my Saviour :o)
***
Tracy,
I thoroughly enjoyed it!
***
Susan,
Thanks :o)
I still feel in the *throes* of this cold / cough / sinus congestion but still hope to visit friends for dinner next week when my husband is off for a couple of weeks :o)
***
Miss Jen,
Thanks so very much :o)
***
Sharon,
I did so enjoy my time with all my loved ones, but it was SO GOOD to arrive back home!
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
How did a week go by without me commenting on the return from your visit with your family??? The picture with those sweet children is precious! So glad you are home safely and full of lasting memories!
LDH,
Thanks for the sweet comment!
I've been somewhat *out of commission* with a terrible cold that began the day after I arrived home :o)
Blessings to you,
Dallas
Post a Comment