Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Depending on God

Spring Posy by Friedrich Strauss

"Depend on it.

God's work done in God's way
will never lack God's supply.


He is too wise a God
to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds,

and He can just as easily supply them
ahead of time as afterwards,

and He much prefers doing so."

~ J Hudson Taylor ~

8 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Welcome back dear sister, I have missed you while you were away but it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm sorry you got the cold-it seems to be going around. Rest and drink lots of fluids. Enjoy just being at home.
Hugs to you.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

what a wonderful reminder.

Sandra said...

That's a good post. I loved reading the story of his life. Just think what this world would be like if we were all as sold out and lived by faith as he did.

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! :)
What true words Hudson Taylor spoke.... ;)

Blessings~ Miss Jen

HOPE said...

I have a Hudson Taylor book...rereading after many years.

I love this quote...

especially...He is too wise a God to frustrate His purpose..

Oh oft the child of GOD forgets to look at the "work" GOD himself is doing in their mist.

The photo is so sweet...as is your header!! So pleasing to see upon entering a visit with you!

God bless..
HOPE

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this encouraging quote!

What a pretty picture too!

Blessings,
Sharon

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a lovely post! The words were so true and encouraging and the picture is lovely as well.

Abounding Treasures said...

Noreen,

Thanks so much!

It was so special reading about your relationship to your dear sister and how much she means to you every Mother's Day ... thanks for giving us a *little peek*!

***

Julie,

I'm glad that others feel that way as it certainly was an excellent reminder for me :o)

***

Sandra,

Amen! What you've said could so revolutionize not only our individual lives for the Lord but our joint testimony on earth!

***

Miss Jen,

Amen! I so agree and want to read more about him ...

***

Hope,

Believe it or not, I've never read about Hudson Taylor's life although I have *heard* many stories about him! I plan on remedying that as soon as possible!

***

Sharon,

I plan to read his life story soon as I've never done so before!

I love the photographer - his are also the 3 in my header and they are so bright and cheerful :o)

***

A Joyful Chaos,

I so agree with you! The photographer is a recent discovery for me and I love his photos that I've seen so far.

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas