Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pearls Slipping Off a String

I can't believe the past week has flown by :o)

I've been busy with the basics by keeping care of our family and our home and keeping things running as smoothly as I can; with the addition of a car oil change; doctors' appointments; grocery shopping, etc ...

"... the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but those that bring simple little pleasures, following one after another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." ~ from ANNE of AVONLEA by Lucy Maud Montgomery

I've been working on my daughter's afghan which is especially beneficial to me when it's a chilly day or evening since it's getting long enough now to keep me warm as I'm crocheting!

I've made several new cards and purchased some more acrylic stamps as well as card stock. I've got a few items for my Wish List now including a 2.5 - 3 inch scalloped circle punch as well as either a 2 inch scalloped or plain round circle punch so I can experiment making my own card embellishments.

When in the city last week for my annual post transplant check-up, I was able to stay with friends. They had recently moved there to be resident managers of a large apartment complex and the bonus for me was that the hospital was only a 10 minute walk . . . especially welcome by me because of not wanting to inconvenience them to drive me there for 6:30AM :o)

Once the hospital tests were completed, we were able to spend time visiting and one of the things that I was able to enjoy with them was the music of Jeff and Sheri Easter, a Christian couple that, believe it or not, I'd never heard of before [you'd almost think I hadn't lived on planet Earth the past several years or something!!!].

Many of their songs really touched my heart and one of them was *She Loved*, a song that I think Sheri wrote with her own mother in mind. She also says that this is how she'd like to be remembered after the Lord calls her home to Him.

I'm sure it's very familiar to most of you, but here are the beautiful words and Sheri singing for you to enjoy once again :o)



This is another song I heard for the 1st time called *He's Alive* and I found a version of it being sung by Dolly Parton ... her emotive voice is beautiful in this song ~ I'm sending this link to my daughter because she has just recently finished reading about Peter's experience in the Gospel of Luke and I told her this song will really make her understand what Peter may have felt!



Blessings,

9 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful Post, Mrs.D!
I just love that quote by Lucy Maud Montgomery!! :) I hope you are having a great week, dear sister in the Lord!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Jack's Mommy said...

I've LOVED Dolly Parton's "He's Alive" version since I was a wee little thing! I still have my Dad's cassette tape from her album that had this song on it. I would sit in my room and play it over and over and over...that was at least 17 years ago, yet the song still gives me chills every time I hear it.

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the beautiful songs. Jeff and Sheri Easter came to Nashville, Indiana, to sing and one of our Group Home residents who has Down syndrome just loves their music. Our staff asked if she could meet them, and they invited her back stage and she got a picture with them. It meant so much to her.

Anonymous said...

Dallas,
I love the song "She Loved"! My relationship with my mother in the past has been difficult to say the least. As my mother grows older God has opened my eyes to the many blessings that my mother has given to me.
My mother is in a nursing home, because she is in need of constant medical attention. In fact, I just wrote about her today on my blog.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful song. I am praying that my children will say "She Loved" after I leave this earth.
God bless you.
Bren

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You sure have had a busy week so far.You have accomplished quite a lot. Happy to hear your afghan is coming along nicely, even big enough to keep you warm as you work. The video's were beautiful!

Kindly, ldh

susansspace said...

A beautiful post, Dallas! I enjoyed both videos. As usual, everything you used (picture, words, etc., blend together
wonderfully!
Indeed, He is alive!!
Blessings,
Susan

Abounding Treasures said...

Miss Jen,

I am having a great week and trust you are as well.

That quote by Lucy Maud Montgomery is one of my favourites :o)

***

Lisa,

I had 1st heard Don Francisco sing it and he's also the writer of it and it's great hearing it sung about Peter in a man's voice but when I heard Dolly Parton's version, she puts such feeling into each word, that I just had to use that one :o)

***

Karen,

What a sweet thing for Jeff and Sheri Easter to have done for that young woman who saw them in concert ~ I trust they were blessed by meeting her as much as she was by meeting them!

***

Bren,

Thanks for sharing a little about your Mom and I'm eager to read what you shared on your blog!

This is one of the things that I hope I am remembered for after the Lord calls me home :o)

It's a touching song!

***

ldh,

Yes, it has been a busy week but a delightful one in many ways as well as being a somewhat stressful one in others!

I'm glad that you enjoyed those songs ~

***

Susan,

Thanks for your kind words!

*He's Alive* just touched my heart in so many ways and made me feel like shouting joyously and triumphantly at the close, HE'S ALIVE!!!

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Cathryn said...

Hi Dallas, A beautiful post. The song is very touching. I thought of Bren when I read it because of her recent post about her mother. I have a precious mother who has been a wonderful example in loving and helping others. When she is gone I don't quite know what I will do without her. May she live many more years. Blessings Cathryn

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathryn,

I read Bren's words about her dear mother after I posted this song. Her situation brought tears as I contemplate my own mother, not yet covered by His precious blood, and knowing that she's not getting any younger ~ your prayer would be appreciated on her behalf.

Thanks for sharing a little of your own precious mother and may she live many more years!

Blessings to you as your day continues to unfold and you are carried in His loving arms,
Dallas