Monday, February 9, 2009

My Etsy Shop

I've decided to take the plunge and open my own Etsy Shop :o)

I joined Etsy on Feb 3rd but it took awhile to figure everything out and get my little shop set up.

I figured that since I love crocheting these cloths and people here seem to love receiving them as gifts, I might as well put up a few sets for sale and see what happens!

We had a lovely weekend and went for dinner to one of my sisters-in-law on Saturday and had a great time.

We received news yesterday afternoon of one of our nephews and his wife having their 2nd child, a healthy little brother for their 2 year old daughter!

I've got almost 2 feet of my daughter's afghan done and still a L-O-N-G way to go ... I think I got a little sidetracked by these dish/wash cloth sets :o)

I'm off to do my grocery shopping so I trust that each of you has a wonderful start to this week!

Blessings,




HEART sign above

UPDATE:
I'm so excited -- I had my very 1st sale Tuesday -- it was the Blueberry + Banana Cream Set :o)

14 comments:

Lady Laura said...

Congrats on the opening of your Etsy shop! Wishing you much success!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, your dishcloths are *lovely*!

Anonymous said...

I think Abounding Treasures is one of the loveliest sites on the web! I visit daily...either through Google reader or through the site. I love everything about it...from the graphics to the quotes to your lovely way of writing. Thank you so much for sharing such "treasures" with others. There's a wonderful spirit here and I appreciate it very much! May the Lord bless you!

Mrs. E said...

Mrs.D,
Oh, how exciting!!!
I'm so happy that you started an etsy shop. ;)
I'm hoping to start one in the next few months as well.
I will look forward to visiting your shop frequently!

Many Blessings,
Miss Jen

Lady Farmer said...

Wanted to stop by and thank you for praying ~ I am much improved today.
Blessings on your new venture. Hope it does well! :~}

Dee said...

Hi, Best of luck with your Etsy Shop ~ I have a friend who crotchet's outfits for reborn dolls and sells them on e-bay. She has had done real well with sales. Dee

the voice of melody said...

Congratulations on opening your shop! What a great way to sell your lovely home-made treasures. Best wishes!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Dallas,

I visited your etsy shop and just had to tell you how nice it looks! Your wash cloths are lovely and presented in such a beautiful way. Great pictures too. Looks like a lot of work to get it so nice.

I have bought lots from etsy but don't have a shoppe. You will have to let us know how it goes.

I mentioned it before, but wanted to say again how much I like seeing your picture ~ as I write my comments, it feels like I am chatting right there with you :)

Your friend, ldh

Anonymous said...

Dallas,
I viewed your itsy items. They are so cute! Good luck with this new business adventure! God bless you. I am keeping you in my prayers.
Bren

Abounding Treasures said...

Lady Laura,

Thanks for the good wishes!

***

Michele,

Thanks so much!

***

Miss Jen,

Thanks for the good wishes and I wish you all the best when you open yours :o)

***

Lady Farmer,

Glad that you're feeling better!

***

Dee,

Thanks! Your friend must be very talented and aren't *reborn* dolls so beautiful and life-like?!

***

*Melody*,

Thanks ~ I hope so ... won't know if I don't try :o)

***

LDH,

Thanks for your comments on the presentation, etc. of my crocheted cloths! I did try to make them attractive :o)

If I ever sell anything, I'll post about my excitement :o)

Glad my pic makes you feel like we're having a cup of tea and chatting ~ what a neat idea :o)

***

Bren,

Thanks so much for that :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

HOPE said...

I love that you have posted a photo! Very lovely!

I hope your shoppe goes well for you...

I'm in the midst of crocheting a throw and think I might have made up my own stitch! It's been a while since I've crocheted...but it looks even and nice to daughter says it's okay!

I guess I'll have to post a photo of my "creative" stitching!

I'll be back to blogging tomorrow, but wanted to stop in to visit my friends first to say hello, and thank you for the b'day wishes.

God bless..
HOPE

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks for the good wishes Hope!

Make sure you post a photo of the throw you're crocheting so the finished product can be seen and we can see your own stitch design :o)

Blessings to you as you start blogging again ~ I've missed your posts :o)

Dallas

Cathy said...

You have some pretty things in your little shop, Dallas. Good for you, opening a shop ~

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Cathy! I'm so excited because I already made my very 1st sale :o)

Blessings,
Dallas