Friday, February 6, 2009

Joy in Simple Things

My older grandson's latest enjoyment
comes from the stairs in their *new-to-them* home!

He didn't have them in his previous home
so running up and down
and climbing through them as in this photo,
are now his newest and most exciting activity :o)

His little brother smiles *JUST BECAUSE*
and that is so sweet and precious!


May your weekend bring smiles to your heart :o)

14 comments:

~~Deby said...

yes---a child sure does show us the simple things..these are sure sweet pictures.
Deby

Beth in NC said...

Both of them are adorable! They have the whole world before them. Bless them Lord!

Love,
b

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Those are two sweet looking boys - How do you stand it?! :)

I love when they take pleasure in simple things.

Anonymous said...

Dallas,
They are precious! Children find the simplest pleasures that we as grown-ups take for granted. I see this as a teachable moment from the Lord to have eyes of a child.
Blessings,
Miriam :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what beautiful grandbabies! So much JOY! I am waiting for little ones, we pray that God will let them arrive in the next two years. Really, I am praying "whenever The Lord chooses" to let them arrive. He is Our Creator. So, I know He has a plan and purpose for ALL things.
I also wanted to thank you for adding the movie clip to your site. My church will be showing the movie on March 6 and March 7.
My husband is a police officer for a major city and he is a Christian man. Sometimes, his job is very stressful and difficult for him, and very stressful to our family. He believes he is doing what God has called him to do. I stand behind him 100%. If you can remember us and all police and fire fighters families in your prayers, we would dearly appreciate it. We are praying that our state will push the retirement bracket back to 25 years for the state of NC. My husband could retire in about 2 years if that miracle happens. PLEASE PRAY! I also want to Thank The Lord for protecting my husband each day. God has protected him so many times that I have lost count. God knows that I am forever grateful for HIS WONDERFUL SAVING GRACE!
Sorry this is so long. I know that you are a woman of God, and I know you understand.
God bless you,
Bren
Again reading your blog site is a joy! Thank You So Much!

grammy said...

They are so cute and I am sure such a joy to you. I babysit for a three month old with the same chubby cheeks (o:

Susan B said...

Your grandsons are very precious Dallas. It is so wonderful how children can find such joy in the simple things of life. Adults have much to learn from that! Have a wonderful Sunday.

susansspace said...

What cuties! I'm sure they bring you much joy (& vice-versa!).
Blessings,
Susan

Kathy Butryn said...

I love this...what sweet grandbabies you have! And a great reminder to keep our eyes wide open to the simple pleasures in our day!

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Deby,

They sure do :o)

***

Beth,

Amen!

***

Mrs Rabe,

They are and it's difficult being thousands of miles away but I have to rest in the Lord and have faith that there is a reason it's like this, known only to Him :o)

***

Miriam,

Amen! May I also remember to see with the eyes of a child ... may I continue to be awed and amazed by every simple joy that surrounds me and may I not take anything for granted!

***

Bren,

I can well understand that your husband's job is very stressful and difficult at times, not only on your husband, but on you and all the family!!

I am sure your heart is overflowing in praise to our Lord for His ongoing protection for your dear husband and I'm sure the stories you could share would bless every heart that heard them and we would all praise God.

After watching *FIREPROOF*, I am amazed at what firefighters and their families face, each and every day and of course, this would include police officers as well.

As often as the Lord brings this dear group of people across my heart, I will lift them up in prayer and decreasing the number of years needed before retirement would be wonderful indeed!

***

Grammy,

They are but being thousands of miles away it just doesn't *feel* the same since I have no *hands-on* dealings with them :o(

This little guy is just slightly older than the little fellow with chubby cheeks that you babysat :o)

***

Susan B,

They are, but I'm prejudiced :o)

Adults do have a lot to learn from trusting little children!

***

Susan,

They do :o)

***

Kathy,

What a lovely phrase: "to keep our eyes wide open to the simple pleasures in our day".

~*~

Blessings to each of you this Lord's Day and all next week as you continue to experience the *magic of ordinary days*,
~ Dallas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas ~

They are just adorable little guys! What a blessing!

I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend! All the things in your new Etsy Shop are just beautiful!! :)

Blessings,
Sharon

NanaNor's said...

Dallas, I can tell that they bring you much joy. I also know that you bring them giggles and laughter and love-especially of Jesus. Blessings dear one this weekend.
Noreen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, what sweet little boys!!!

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

I think they are too, but I'm a bit prejudiced :o)

I had a wonderful weekend and thanks for your kind comments about my *new* Etsy Shop stuff :o)

***

Noreen,

Thanks, that was sweet :o) I'm hoping to bring them all of the above and MORE when I see them in April :o)

***

LDH,

Thanks :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas