Friday, February 20, 2009

A Delight to the Eyes

In browsing online for pictures for some blog posts, I discovered a wonderful photographer named Michael Paul who took the following fabulous artistic shots and I thought they were a delight to the eyes :o)













Don't you just love his artistic photography!!?


I literally always have a dishcloth on my crochet hook *in the works*. I'm also working on a crocheted white lacy baby blanket as well as continuing with my daughter's afghan.

I've made several more cards as well and just love the idea that no two are alike!

I went to another one of our dollar type stores that carries acid-free; lignin-free paper and bought a few sheets as well as some *embellishments* ... I had the store almost all to myself and enjoyed a delightful hour browsing :o)

I've finished setting up STILLMEADOW COTTAGE, where I'll be sharing some of our family's favourite recipes.

I trust that everyone is enjoying these *last* days of winter! Or, in my case, I should say, these last WEEKS of winter for we had another snowfall yesterday and our temps are still freezing ...

Blessings,

9 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm going to go take a peak at your Etsy shop.

Those pictures are very pretty.

Stay warm!!

Dee said...

Hi, Just stopping in to say hello. Except for the snow and cold weather i would think it was spring in Michigan because of the bathing suits and the pinks and yellows of Easter decor in the stores. (:o) Dee

~~Deby said...

The photos are beautiful Dallas...and I agree about keeping your hands busy...I am much happier when I do that...
Looking forward to the recipes..
and anticipating Spring but know each day is the Lords
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

I just loved his photos as soon as I found them!

***

Dee,

Bathing suits?!! Wow! We're months away from that :o)

***

Deby,

Yes, I love being busy but still enjoy quiet moments :o)

Even though there are many reasons to anticipate spring, as you say, "Every day is the Lord's" and I should remember that no matter what the season, each one has it glories :o)

~*~

Blessings to all of you,
Dallas

Mrs. E said...

Mrs.D,
What BEAUTIFUL photos!! ;)
They are so bright, cherry and fresh looking. Thanks ever so much for sharing. Hope you are having fun with all of your crocheting projects! Isn't handiwork wonderful?! ;)

Many Blessings,
Miss Jen

"....And with delight she worketh with her hands."
-Proverbs 31:13

Cathryn said...

Hi Dallas, I've missed conversing with you. Things are still very unsettled. I appreciate your prayers. I'm trying to get back to some blogging. I miss my friends.

Abounding Treasures said...

Miss Jen,

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw them :o)

Handiwork is wonderful and I am having fun crocheting and love the verse you posted with your comment!

***

Cathryn,

How good it is to *hear your voice* :o)

Please know that I continue to pray for you whenever the Lord brings you across my mind and heart!

Continuing to blog will bless you in many ways and your thoughts and meditations bless me as well as many others ~ keep it us as the Lord enables ...

~*~

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Susan B said...

Dallas,
The pictures are so pretty! I especially love the mixing bowls! Thanks for sharing them.

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

Yes, the mixing bowls are beautiful and I've used that picture on my recipe blog :o)

Blessings,
Dallas