Thursday, January 1, 2009

Like an Old-Fashioned Piecework Quilt


"What the new year will bring, we cannot know.

I think of the year that has been folded away in time.
There has been much good in it, although some sorrow.
But there are always in every year,
many lovely memories,
and I shall cherish them.

Life is not, for most of us, a pageant of splendor
but is made up of many small things,
rather like an old-fashioned piecework quilt.

No two people have the same, but we all have our own."

~ Gladys Taber, STILLMEADOW CALENDAR ~

The Old Quilt by Michael Humphries

As this brand-new year unfolds,
I pray that each of you
who know the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour,

feel a keen sense of His presence and help,
no matter what transpires
in the coming days and months!


For everyone,
I pray that this year will bring
more wonderful moments than sorrowful ones,
and that you will enjoy a measure of good health
and happiness as you trod your own unique pathway . . .

Blessings,

7 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy New Year!

HOPE said...

Thank you Dallas...such lovely words and heartfelt thoughts.

Thank you for making part of 2008 a blessing to me..and I look forward to more of your fellowship in this new year.

God bless you with the desires of your heart, according to His will.

HOPE
I love to Quilt..and the photos!
where do you "borrow" these from?

NanaNor's said...

Happy New Year Dallas, What a wonderful loving post today! I love the graphics but I love your heart behind it all. May our Beloved bless you and yours abundantly this day, this week, this month and this year. As you seek Him, may He give you the desires of your heart.
Hugs, Noreen

Anonymous said...

Dallas, I posted a prayer on my blog for all my blog friends.
I pray this New Year 2009 will be full of blessings for you and your family!
Miriam :)

Abounding Treasures said...

Julie,

Happy New Year to you and your family too :o)

***

Hope,

I look forward to the same with you throughout 2009 and I *borrow* most of my graphics from www.allposters.com!

Under each graphic in my posts, you can usually click on the words there and you'll be taken to the site where I found it :o)

***

Noreen,

Your kind words and prayer - blessing for my family and I have really touched my heart :o)

***

Miriam,

I'm off soon to read what you posted and all the very best to you during the days to come!

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Cathryn said...

Indeed may 2009 be an even better year. Blessings ~ Cathryn

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathryn,

Thanks for the great New Year's wishes!