A young child is, indeed, a true scientist ~
just one big question mark.
What? Why? How?
I never cease to marvel
at the recurring miracle of growth,
to be fascinated by the mystery and wonder
of this brave enthusiasm.
~ Victoria Wagner ~
When I read quotes like this, memories flood my mind and heart of my children and their childhood days!Days when they were just like this ~ asking question after question and always wondering about the great big world around them.
I tried always to use their questions as stepping stones to applying the Bible and its principles to their little everyday lives so that they would learn about God while learning about His marvellous creation.
Special times ALWAYS bring back special memories, don't they!!


6 comments:
Dallas,
They sure do!
I agree with you that when my children would ask questions I always used them as teachable moments to apply the word of God. I think it is fullfiling the scripture in Deuteronomy 6:6, "you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
Thank you for the walk down memories!
Miriam :)
Isn't it precious when they do inquire and their tender hearts and minds receive it from GOD the creator and not man.
I have a little g'daughter that loves and collects! Spiders of all things! She thinks they are just soo cute! (she has a bug carrier full of them and she knows exactly which to pick up and are friendly and which are not) She SEES these little creatures a unique creation by GOD..so why not like them! eeks
Just keep them in their little carrier Sweetie! ;)
Thanks for the nice post Dallas.
HOPE
Yes, I remember all those questions. :) Thanks for helping me to remember the sweet simplicity, yet complex questions of children.
What a cute picture. I am so thankful for the treasured memories of days past!
I hope you are enjoying a special day, Dallas!
Blessings,
Sharon
Yes, they certainly do!
If it's okay, I would like to add you to my list of blogs I follow.
Blessings,
Susan
Miriam,
You are welcome for the walk down memory lane :o)
I agree that using those teachable moments to apply the word of God is definitely fulfulling the principle of Deut. 6:6!
***
Hope,
It is truly precious :o)
I'm with you ... although it's wonderful that your little g'daughter loves creepy crawlies, I'd be happier when they're in their little carrier!
***
Sharon,
You're welcome :o)
I treasure those memories of their inquiring minds and the amazement and trust they displayed when they were answered!
***
Susan,
You'd be very welcome to add me to the list of blogs that you follow :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment