Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Wedding Anniversary

Our Wedding Day

We have been blessed with 3 wonderful living children.
[there are 2 more in heaven that we never had a chance to meet]

We have also been blessed with 2 delightful grandsons.

Many years have passed and so many things have happened during our 29 years of marriage, both happy and sad.

During it all, we can both say
with joyful, thankful hearts,
that the Lord has been with us every step of the way, strengthening and preserving us
and bringing us through whatever challenges He has allowed in our lives.

We have proven His promises many times over!
He truthfully is our strength and stay.

We had a wonderful afternoon lunch at our favourite restaurant with our son and daughter ~ after all, what better way to celebrate an anniversary, than with those you love :o)

Blessings to all,

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

I wish you many more wonderful years together.

You two look very happy together in your photos. What a lovely lady you are. (o:

The new blog look is *lovely*!

Blessings....

Anonymous said...

What a truly beautiful post. By the way, your wedding veil is absolutely gorgeous!! I wish you many, many years of happiness!

Anonymous said...

Dallas,
Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple! May the Lord bless you with many more!
I like the new look of your blog-- is that what your kitchen window looks like...I love a large window with pretty flowers to enjoy!
Blessings,
Miriam :)

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

Thanks for your wishes and sweet comments about us as well as my new blog decor!

***

Linda,

Thanks! BTW - I still have my wedding veil and I loved it too :o)

***

Miriam,

Thanks!

No, that's not my kitchen window! It's a painting entitled *Unexpected Snow* by Stephen Darbishire.

I do have a nice window of my sink but no flowers on the counter like this :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas!

Happy Anniversary! It is so good to read of God's faithfulness in your lives! Such sweet pictures ~ you are a lovely couple!!

Many blessings to you both!
Sharon

Tracy said...

It's so much fun to see a picture of you,Dallas! Happy Anniversary!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy Anniversary! Your blog looks beautiful.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hope you have many, many more happy years together!

Deanna

susansspace said...

Happy Anniversary to you & your hubby, Dallas! Lovely post!
May God bless you with many more years together!
Susan

the voice of melody said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! How wonderful that God has been your strength all along, and don't we all need His strength in each area of our lives? I know I do!

Many sweet blessings and happy wishes to you both!

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Dallas, It is amazing how the years fly by, isn't it. I can't believe I'm going on 31 yrs to my hubby. Blessings to you this year and you continue to grow together and enjoy the life He has given you. What a treasure you are.
Hugs, Noreen

Cathryn said...

Oh Dallas, Your pictures are so precious. You two look so sweet together. How blessed you are. Congratulations on your anniversary. Congratulations on your happiness. Lord Bless, Cathryn

Susan B said...

Happy Anniversary!! How wonderful for you. I love the pictures...your wedding picture is so beautiful, and your current picture is lovely too. Thank you for sharing them. I wish you many, many years of happiness!! God bless you.

PS Your new blog look is beautiful.

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

Thanks so much :o)

It's *funny* how I like change with regard to my blog, but not in my daily life :o)

***

Tracy,

Thanks! I decided to resize the photos and take the plunge ~ those threats to security with regard to blogs, etc. are so far in the past ~ I figured if someone ever wanted to *take* the pix, there's not much they can do with them since they are so small :o)

***

Julie,

Thanks and thanks again!

***

Deanna,

Thanks for your good wishes to us!

***

Susan,

Thanks! I pray that would be so as well :o)

***

Melody,

Thanks! And YES!, I don't know what we would ever have done without Him :o)

***

Noreen,

Congratulations on almost 31 years and YES! they do fly by in many ways!

Thanks for such sweet words and wishes :o)

***

Cathryn,

Awww :o) Such sweet words and I do, I do appreciate our happiness together and try never to take it for granted!

***

Susan,

Thanks so much!

My husband no longer has his beard and I am a little heavier since having to take so much prednisone since August because of the rejection I was having ... will have to do lots of walking to help take that off :o)

~*~

Thanks to each of you dear ladies for your warm congratulations for our anniversary ...

May the Lord preserve and strengthen each of you where you are and may He keep our homes and our hearts focused on Him, as Satan tries to attack the Christian home and all that it represents!

Blessings,
Dallas

***

grammy said...

How sweet. so happy for you. We celebrate our 35th this Feb.

Charlene said...

Congratulations! And what a handsome couple you are! Here's to many more happy healthy years.

Polly & Steve said...

I love your wedding picture you should put a now picture, you were a beautiful bride. congrats!

Mo said...

Happy Happy Day!!!

Abounding Treasures said...

Grammy,

Thanks and congrats on your upcoming 35th :o)

***

Charlene,

Thanks so much :o)

***

Polly,

Thanks! The *now* pictures is at the bottom of the post :o)

***

Mobunny,

Thank you! Thank you!

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Arlene said...

Oh, congratulations, Dallas! Happy Belated Anniversary to both of you -- I'm sure you're still celebrating anyhow, right? :o)

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary Wishes, a little late ~
Your pictures are pretty.

Abounding Treasures said...

Arlene,

Thanks for the good wishes and we celebrate in some small way, every single day the Lord gives us together so I guess my answer would be YES :o)

***

Cathy,

Thanks and good wishes are appreciated anytime :o)

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

sherry said...

Anniversary blessings to you and your dear husband, Dallas. :o)

Abounding Treasures said...

Lady Jane,

Thanks so much for your good wishes!