Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Morning Will Come

*Clytie* by Frederic Leighton

Brokenhearted…
How can I bear the pain?
So many plans…permanently interrupted.
So many dreams…shattered.
Hopes…dashed.
All gone.
Why?
Why this?
Why us? Why me?
Helplessness…hopelessness…
Life will never be the same again.
Is it even worth living?
Where are you, God?

I’m right here beside you, my child.
Even though you may not feel my presence,
I’m holding you close under the shadow of my wings.
I will walk with you through this dark night.

Do not shrink from weeping.
I gave you tears for emotional release.
Don’t try to hide your grief.
Let it become for you a source of healing,
A process of restoration,
For I have planned it so.
Those who mourn shall be blessed.
I’ll be holding on to you,
Even when you feel you can’t hold on to me.

Seek my face, child of mine.
Receive my promise, impossible as it may seem now,
That joy will come in the morning.
It may take much time,
But I will heal your broken heart.
I know the night seems endless,
But MORNING WILL COME.
I have promised.


~ Author Unknown ~
From the Haven of Rest Newsletter

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful....

Cathy said...

That is a wonderful poem of hope, Sharon. Thanks for sharing it.

Adrienne said...

I came here at the suggestion of my friend Cathy from Melodies and Hymnsongs. Thank you for posting this today -it's just the reminder I needed today as we walk through the valley of grief. Yes, I know these truths but need the reminder often through these days. I'll be back again often to see what you have to share. Have a wonderful New Year filled with many blessings. ~Adrienne~

HOPE said...

AMEN...wonderful post. And indeed the morning does come and with joy! and the sun shines again and all the clouds disappear.

I like a quote I read once..something like this:

there are no rainbows without a storm first...

and look at the exaltation of the rainbow when it is realized in the sky!

God bless..
HOPE
Happiest of New Years to you!

susansspace said...

This poignant writing reminds me of words found in Psalm 94:
Unless the Lord had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the
silence of death.
When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul. (v.17-19)

I like your new background, & especially love the beautiful scene from a window! (The inside and the outside are lovely, and inviting).
Happy New Year to you!
Susan

Mo said...

Joy comes in the morning.
Joy comes in the morning.
Just wait.


Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring poem! Thank you so much for sharing it. I wish you a blessed new year!

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

I loved it too!

I kept trying to find a better ID for the author but even googling it brought up only this!

***

Cathy,

You're welcome!

***

Adrienne,

Thanks so much for visiting and I'm so glad that this poem ministered to you as you walk through a valley of grief.

***

Hope,

Amen! I loved the quote about the rainbow that you shared :o)

***

Susan,

Thanks for sharing those wonderful verses in Psalm 94 ~ very similar thoughts and such great promises!

I love Stephen Darbishire's paintings and at this time of year, such a large window with that view and all those lovely flowers growing inside would be delightful :o)

***

Mobunny,

Amen! I am so thankful that it always does!

***

Linda,

You're welcome! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

~*~

To each of you, a new year filled with a sense of the Lord's presence and guidance in your lives!

I'm so glad that so many enjoyed these beautiful words that I found ~ may they minister to each of our hearts in our separate circumstances!

Blessings,
Dallas

Cathryn said...

Dallas, Thank you for your kind words on my blog. And thank you for this post of yours. You're a great gal Dallas. Thank you for your friendship. Blessings ~ Cathryn

Abounding Treasures said...

Oh Cathy, you are so very welcome :o)

Liesel said...

Thank you so very much for posting this! A friend of mine is going through a pretty rough time and it's so difficult because I don't know what to d what to say to make her happier. But then I read this poem and though 'this will help her!'

Thank you, Liesel

Abounding Treasures said...

Oh Liesel ... I'm so glad that you think these words may help your friend :o)

I know that I've been helped by reading them and so have others!

Blessings!
Dallas

sherry said...

in quiet contemplation i surrender all to You, my Lord God...

thank you for this particular post. it's truly heart piercing for me. <><

Abounding Treasures said...

Lady Jane,

It seems to have touched a chord with many so I am glad that I was able to post it.