Monday, December 22, 2008

A Harvest Full of Memories


Be careful of the little hurts.
The smallest of the small
Can generate resentment
That will spread from wall to wall.

Think twice before you hack away
At dignity and pride.
Remember it's the little digs
That churn around inside.

Don't harbor trifling grudges.
They have a sneaky way
Of sprouting ten feet tall if they
Are lived with every day.

Don't underrate the brief caress,
The fleeting kiss or touch,
The gentle little look that says,
I love you very much!

For married life at first is like
A field of virgin earth,
And on each little seed you sow
Depends its future worth.

So give it tender, loving care
And you will surely reap
A harvest full of memories
To cherish and to keep.

~ Alice E. Chase ~

14 comments:

TO BECOME said...

That was a very beautiful poem so full of good advice. connie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful poem with much wisdom! Thank you so much for posting this! I think I had heard just a part of it before.

Blessing to you and yours this Christmastime and throughout the years!

Anonymous said...

Oh I *really* like this!

A Blessed and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Blessings....

Charlene said...

Congratulations on your annv. And thank you for the sweet poem. It is so very true! How wonderful to have married at Christmas time. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

I know your wedding anniversary was coming up and so I want to wish you a very "Happy Anniversary"! May the Lord richly bless you and your husband!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem!

Blessings,
Sharon

~~Deby said...

I liked this so much...
Merry Christmas Dallas to you and yours....you have become such a treasured blogging friend....
Deby

Cathryn said...

Merry Christmas Dallas. Thank you for your friendship. Blessings ~ Cathryn

Abounding Treasures said...

Connie,

I thought so too when I first read it!

***

Caryn,

A lot of wisdom and I had never heard any of it before ... Blessings to you and yours all through the years as well.

***

Michele,

I felt the same way the first time I read the words ...

***

Charlene,

Thanks ... we actually married a few days *after* Christmas :o)

***

Sharon,

Our wedding anniversary isn't for a few more days yet but *thanks* for your kind wishes!

***

Deby,

Awww :o)
That is so sweet of you!

***

Cathryn,

You are VERY welcome :o)

~*~

May I take this opportunity to wish each of you a very special Christmas season with your loved ones,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE that! Merry Christmas :)

Abounding Treasures said...

I am glad you did, Theresa ~

Merry Christmas to you and your dear family as well :o)

Susan B said...

A beautiful poem. I really liked it.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family Dallas. God bless.

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

I thought it was too!

I trust you and your family are having a wonderful Christmas :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

Arlene said...

Oh, I have fallen in love with the picture, the poem -- and my honey all over again! ;o) Thank you for sharing this; I am going to copy this and have it framed to put up somewhere in our home :o)

Abounding Treasures said...

Arlene,

Glad you enjoyed the poem! I fell in love with the picture too ~ Brent Heighton is a wonderful artist :o)

What a great idea you have of copying it and framing it for a wall in your home!

Blessings to you and yours!
Dallas