Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Grandma's Little Lamb

Happy 3rd Birthday to My Oldest Grandchild
Last week he played the role of a little lamb
for his Sunday School Christmas play.

It's too bad someone didn't video-tape it . . .
oh well ~ I'm looking forward to all the pictures
that my daughter is bringing when she arrives Christmas Eve!!

We are praying that she has no trouble with her flight
and arrives home safely.
It seems like just yesterday his own Daddy was this age,
but he too is growing older
and celebrates his own birthday in less than 10 days!

I guess that means that my husband and I
are not as young as we feel at times :o)

Blessings,

7 comments:

Cathryn said...

Aw, grandchildren. I await that experience. We have one married daughter ~ a pastor's wife. She so desperately wants a baby ~ still none yet. I've prayed for God to open her womb. She would be the greatest mom ever. And I think a grandchild would be a very helpful thing for the grandparents. Thanks for being a friend Dallas. Blessings ~ Cathryn

Patty said...

Too Cute!
I realize I am getting older when I think of how old my children and grand children are getting.

Merry Christmas, Dallas. Thank you for always being an encourager.

Blessings, Patty

the voice of melody said...

Oh, and what a cute little lamb he was! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. :)

Susan B said...

Dear Dallas,
Such sweet pictures of your grandson! How precious. I hope he had a lovely birthday. Thank you for sharing his pictures.

TO BECOME said...

That is just about the cutest little lamb that I have ever seen. I hope he had a really happy birthday.

Yes, Dallas, I think that is exactly what it means when our children and our grandchidren get older then we too are aging. But it is such a great life! connie

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

Very sweet pictures! I have been working on a scrapbook of pictures for my son for Christmas ~ they do grow up so quickly!

Christmas blessings to you this week!
Sharon

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathryn,

Although I have 2 little grandsons, I look forward to the *experience* of being able to interact more with them as they get older and remember who I am, being literally on the opposite side of the country :o)

***

Patty,

I know just what you mean and thanks for your sweet words :o)

***

Melody,

He was!

A blessed Christmas to you and yours as well :o)

***

Susan,

It was my pleasure :o)

***

Connie,

Thanks! Yes, I know that's exactly what it means and it IS a wonderful life :o)

***

Sharon,

A scrapbook will be a wonderful treasure for him :o)

~*~

A very Merry Christmas to each of you and your families,
Dallas