Thursday, December 18, 2008

Plans Altered -- Plans Fulfilled

I had hoped to go in for a blood test yesterday but we had a heavy snowfall, so in addition to the other things that had to be done, there just wasn't time! Fortunately I was able to choose which day to go in for this blood test ...

Those new snow tires sure came in handy
~ because even someone like me had no troubles on the snow-covered and later slush-covered roads :o)

My son had an appointment in the afternoon that had to be kept so he came along with me to get our grocery shopping done ... I didn't want to go down our street twice because it's a bit of a slope with a sharp turn at the end and ... well, you get the idea :o)

Our road still hadn't been plowed by the time we got home and the steps that I had cleared before we left, had another 5-6 inches of snow!

Buying a new snow scoop was a timely purchase because he was able to use it clearing the driveway while I used our other one to clear off our side patio/deck area so we could carry the groceries in.

We were having friends tonight for supper so I put the ham in my slow cooker before going out for my blood test and a little last minute shopping for a few small items.

When I returned, I prepared the ingredients for cheesy scalloped potatoes. Once the cheese sauce was prepared and the onions were diced and all was assembled, I found I had more than I needed so I was able to make a smaller sized one as well.

I served carrots and corn as side dishes and cherry pie for dessert :o)

Everything turned out very tasty and the visit with our friends was such a blessing!

[photo of lovely dishes and place settings courtesy of JCPenney online]

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Your table is beautiful & dinner sounded yummy. I hope your blood test turned out well & aren't you glad that sweet son came by to help. No matter how old/big they get they are still out little boys aren't they? :) Mine "baby boy" turned 32 yesterday. That makes me feel old. :( But,what pleasure they bring our hearts.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm glad that you were kept safe! Enjoy the beautiful snow.

Mo said...

snow tires
slush
snow scoop

Those words are not in my vocabulary any more!
It has been summer like today.
It will change tonight, but not enough to need snow tires!

Abounding Treasures said...

Charlene,

Thanks! The dishes and table setting are courtesy of JC Penney and *not mine* :o)

My blood test results were just fine!

***

Julie,

Even though it icy cold outside, it is pretty and we are expecting a big storm tonight!

***

Mobunny,

I can't imagine having summer weather in December but enjoy it while it lasts :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

NanaNor's said...

Dallas, What a beautiful place setting-you have such an eye for beauty. I'm praying your blood tests turn out fine...
Enjoy the last few days before Christmas. Stay warm and safe and enjoy His presence. Christmas blessings.
Hugs to you.
Noreen

Abounding Treasures said...

Noreen,

My blood test results were just fine ~ thanks for asking!

May you enjoy these few days before Christmas with your loved ones :o)

May your week be blessed by a keen sense of the Lord's presence and help in your life!

Blessings,
Dallas