Friday, November 14, 2008

My 1st Blog-iversary CLIMB YOUR FAMILY TREE Give-Away

Because it will soon be my 1st BLOG-iversary, I've decided to have a GIVE-AWAY to celebrate the occasion.

Because of my strong passion for genealogy, it's going to be in the form of a FAMILY TREE SEARCH for the winner!

IF you would like an entry in this *give-away*, please leave a COMMENT telling me so SPECIFICALLY!

IF you would like a 2nd entry, post about this *CLIMB YOUR FAMILY TREE* GIVE-AWAY on your own Blog, then let me know by leaving a 2nd COMMENT telling me:o)

Comments will be CLOSED at 12 midnight EST on Friday, November 28th and the winner will be announced on Saturday, November 29th at 12 noon EST.

Please be assured that I treat ALL Family Tree Research as if it were my own and it's not necessary to give me any more info than you are comfortable with, IF you would prefer to maintain your privacy.

It's usually only necessary to give me the names of GRANDPARENTS on both sides, their birthplaces and approx. years of births and this information is available on any 1930 Census anyway.

Supplied with that, I am usually able to CLIMB your FAMILY TREE at least a couple of generations, sometimes more, depending on what is available.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting, count me in please!

And your blog looks *wonderful*! I've thought about using that picture for a header myself sometime. (o:

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to let you know my computer is working again.

Susan B said...

Dallas,
Congratulations on your first blog-aversary! How exciting for you, I'm very happy for you! I would love to be entered in your give-away. A genealogy search would be very interesting and fun. Thank you.

Susan B said...

I've posted about the give-away on my blog.

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

Thanks! It's been awhile since I used any of Susan Rios' paintings and as you know, I love her work :o)

You're counted in!

***

Theresa,

Glad it's working again :o)

***

Susan,

Thanks! It IS quite exciting ~ hard to believe how quickly it has passed and how much I love it!

Glad you wanted to enter and thanks for posting about it on your blog ... I'll be counting you TWICE :o)

~*~*~

Blessings to each!
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, forgive my lack of manners--I was so excited about what you were offering I forgot to say Happy Blogiversary! (o:

NanaNor's said...

Absolutely love the new header-you are simply amazing! Hugs to you this day.
Noreen

Polly & Steve said...

I would love to enter the drawing and would be glad to give you my family information.
Your blog is great!
Hugs
Polly

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

Thanks so much ~ it's on the same day as the end of the Give-Away and I didn't even think you lacked any manners :o)

***

Noreen,

Thanks so much!

***

Polly,

I'm glad you enjoy my blog and your name has been entered ~ I love tracing famiy trees ... anyone's ... so I'm excited about this contest!

~*~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

TO BECOME said...

Dear Dallas, HAPPY BLOG ANNIVERSARY!!! I have loved visiting you here.

I would love to be entered into your give away. You would be welcome to any information that I know. If I don't know it maybe I could find out from my older sister. You would think in sixty- five years, I would have already tried to do this. Oh, well, I hope to meet them all again one day not too far in the future in heaven. Have a great day. connie from Texas

Tracy said...

Dallas,
This is a wonderful thing to do for a dear blog reader. What a blessing it is sure to be for whomever is chosen! I would love to be included!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas ~

Congratulations on your blog anniversary! I would be blessed to be included in your give-away!

Blessings,

Sharon

Abounding Treasures said...

Connie,

Thanks!

The actual anniversary is November 28th ~ the day of the draw :o)

I'm so glad that you enjoy your time spent visiting with me!

***

Tracy,

Thanks! You have now been included :o)

***

Sharon,

It's not actually until Nov 28th, the day of the draw, but thanks!

You're officially included :o)

~*~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

j said...

Oh I would DEARLY love a family tree search on my husbands people. I have a general idea where my ancestors are from but I don't think he knows where any of his are from.

We have a sort of interesting last name that someone interpreted to mean people who live by the sea and said that it was a Scottish name. I wonder if there would be anyway to figure that out?

Have a great week!

sherry said...

Oh my, this would be such a blessing. I've tried to piece together my paternal family tree, to no avail. Ellis Island, change of name, change of religion...too difficult for me. Thank you for offering such a wonderful give-a-way opportunity. Blessings to whoever of us wins!

Have a delightful day.

Jane

jan said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary!
Please count me in. I've tried to do a little climbing around in my family's tree but have never really discovered anything of interest.
This is a fun idea!
Thanks,
Judy

Abounding Treasures said...

Judy,

Your name has been officially entered!

I checked your blog but couldn't see an email address anywhere so please send it to me :o)

Thanks,
Dallas