Mind you, the tea must be piping hot or it just won't do :o)
How about you?
How about you?
Lady Hamilton by Royal Albert,
inherited from my maternal grandmother

My maternal GR-grandmother had these Apple Blossom
tea cups by Royal Albert and I always loved them!
Found this photo at flickr under Creative Commons LicenseWhen I saw this photo on ebay,
I loved the pattern instantly
because teacups with an *inside* pattern
are even more lovely and special,
at least in my mind :o)

Don't you just love these heart shaped ones?!


18 comments:
They're ALL beautiful!
These teacups are beautiful! I especially like the heart-shaped one. It's very unique and conveys so perfectly the sentiment behind having a cup of tea with a friend. :)
I love teacups too and yes I think the ones with an inside pattern are *extra special*. (o:
Gorgeous pictures!
Tracy,
I agree :o)
***
Melody,
I couldn't have said it better!
***
Michele,
I just love those ones and have only a few but I treasure them :o)
~*~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
You grabbed my love of tea here, too!
My husband sweetly purchased a lovely wedgewood set for me recently...photo on my blog This is the day. And my favorite tea is from my local Tea House...rightly named..Saving Grace Tea!
thanks for sharing the beautiful tea cups.
Nothing like a cup of tea and friendship!
God bless..
HOPE
All the pictures are beautiful! The heart and apple blossom teacups are very pretty. I love teacups and tea especially!
Beautiful Collection, the heart one is so different....I have never seen one like that! I have a friend that collects tea pots. My MIL use to collect cups before she passed. Good luck with your collection you have an amazing start.
Polly
Dallas,
They are beautiful teacups!
Have you ever read books by Emilie Barnes? She has books about teacups, tea parties. She will use how tea cups are made as a demonstration of a Christian walk with God. I got to hear her speak at a ladies conference.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
Miriam :)
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! I love teacups too.
I found a pretty blue and white set at our local antique store and gave to my mom. She loves blue and white.
thank you for sharing.lv-mrs. m.
Dear Dallas ~
I love teacups and tea too! I have one blossom time teacup ~ it is one of my very favorites! All the ones you showed are just beautiful! If you lived nearby I would have you over for tea! :)
Blessings,
Sharon
Hope,
How sweet of your husband and blue is one of my favourite colours!
***
Susan,
Thanks! I love it too but REALLY hot ...
***
Polly,
Thanks! I don't have the heart shaped ones ... that was just a photo of some that I love :o)
I have several others as well in my cupboards and even some saucers that are all alone now :o)
***
Miriam,
Thanks!
I've yet to read those books by Emilie Barnes but I look forward to getting them someday :o)
***
Sharon,
I'll be over for a spot of tea tomorrow if I may :o) Very hot for me please!
~*~*~
Blessings to each of you at the close of this day,
Dallas
Thank you for stopping my This is the Day...and leaving such an encouraging comment. My prayer and desire is to be a blessing by sharing God's work in my life and others.
God bless..
HOPE
Hope,
I was thoroughly encouraged by the post about your Dad getting saved because we have lots of family not yet sheltered by His precious blood and we keep praying for them!
Blessings,
Dallas
Beautiful Tea Cups!
I would love to be added to your give away! Thanks for asking me, the family tree idea sounds neat.
Happy Thanksgiving!
That last comment was from me. I was signed in as my son and did not know. lol
Oh so pretty! I just love teacups, too. I pretty much love everything about the tea ritual. The Lady Hamilton design is beautiful! Have you ever seen the movie "That Lady Hamilton" starring Vivien Leigh (from Gone With The Wind)? It's an excellent movie!
I have a lot of pieces of Apple Time china & do LOVE IT! Maybe I should do a post on that some day. Thanks for the idea. Where oh where did you find the heart shaped cups. LOVE THEM!!!!
Theresa,
I've added your name to the list and look forward to getting my husband to pick a name *out of a hat* on Friday :o)
***
Lady Laura,
I've never seen that movie ... I love the Lady Hamilton pattern and the fact that it has a lovey design INSIDE the cup just adds to it *special-ness* in my book!
***
Charlene,
Yes! Do a post on that lovely Apple Time china pieces that you have!
I DON'T own those delightful heart shaped teacups ... I just found the photo online during a goolge image search and loved them so much that I saved it :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment