Tomorrow promises to be a special day!My husband has been off work the past couple of days so we're going into the city to attend the 20th Anniversary of the Heart Transplant Program.
As far as I know, the event is to begin with presentations by some of the cardiac surgeons and doctors and will be followed by a buffet sandwich - lunch table and we'll be able to meet and greet up to as many as 120 heart transplant recipients and their guests as well as many of the nurses and other specialists who have been an integral part of our care over the duration that we were in hospital.
Because that main event finishes about 2pm, I'm fortunate that he already guessed that I'll want to go to my favourite Thrift Store on the way home :o)
I'm glad that he knows how much I enjoy it and will likely wander off to browse the used book section while I look for treasures.
Other than fighting traffic, we should be home by supper and will most likely stop into our favourite fish and chips place and bring some home so we can eat together with our son.
After that, it's off to a special ministry meeting where the truths of Scripture are being rehearsed with regard to the local church testimony here in the scene of time.We attended the 1st of the series last evening and were blessed beyond measure! The next 3 evenings and Sunday afternoon promise more of the same so we are thankful to have that to look forward to.
This morning I was able to take another friend to her doctor's appointment and then drop her off somewhere else on my way to get gas ~ which FINALLY dropped about 10 CENTS in price with a change expected tomorrow again, but who knows whether that will be UP or DOWN?!
My husband has been trying to record 10 more MPs from music and lyrics that he has written since his last CD and he's been using his days off to get a good start.Yesterday afternoon for a little, while we stopped in to see our brother-in-law who is into his 2nd week of chemo after being diagnosed with stomach / adrenal gland / lymph / pancreatic cancer.
He says he doesn't want to give up easily and wants the doctors to try whatever they can and that he's going to do whatever he has to do to try to beat this ~ if the Lord lays it on your heart, we'd appreciate any prayer on behalf of him, my husband's sister and the children.
May this phrase: "Be still, and know that I am God" [Psalm 46:10] have an impact on you as you go about the moments of your day,
9 comments:
Sounds like you have lots of October activities...
The Bible Study sounds awesome!
Enjoy your special day with your husband tomorrow!--And I hope you find lots of treasures. (o:
Dallas,
I will pray for your brother-in-law and family. It sounds like he has a good attitude. :)
Enjoy your special day tomorrow!
Tammy,
I do and more coming up the next few weeks with my next biopsy toward the end of the month :o)
The Bible study has been great ~ so much to draw our hearts our in even more worship to Him!
* * *
Michele,
I am planning on it ~ it's not very often that we get away like that by ourselves even if it's only for the day!
I am looking forward to whatever treasures I find in my favourite *shop* ... it's such fun wandering around each section and seeing what's available that day :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
I hope you have the sweetest day out with your husband! Enjoy your time treasure shopping too! We just started a new DVD series at church last night and the first session was on complaining ~ reminded me of your recent post!
Have a most blessed day!
Sharon
I hope you and your husband enjoy your time away together. It sounds like a wonderful luncheon. I will be praying for your brother-in-law, sister and their family. God bless.
Sharon,
Thanks so much ~ I really appreciate it.
He really wants to give the chemo a try and not give up!
It's his spiritual condition and that of his dear wife that we are concerned about most in prayer.
* * *
Sharon,
We had a delightful day in the city and my treasure hunting proved very fruitful :o)
The message this evening was on the doctrine of believer's baptism as taught in the Scriptures and was a real blessing :o)
Your DVD series sounds interesting!
* * *
Susan,
Thanks for those good wishes ~ it was a wonderful day and the luncheon was better than we had been led to expect :o)
~*~
Blessings to all of you,
Dallas
Hope you had a great time and was able to find a treasure or two at your thrift store....
Deby
Deby,
Thanks! We had a wonderful time and I was able to find SEVERAL treasures at my thrift store :o)
Blessings to you and yours!
Post a Comment