The care, concern and prayers that I've been blessed with recently only serve to remind me of how the Lord works through His own to encourage and bless and I just want to share my thankfulness in telling you a little about the results of my latest biopsy.This short list will give a little background as to various transplant biopsy results and their meaning:
- Grade 0 [zero] is the best = NO rejection!
- Grade 1, 1A, 1B = *virtually* no rejection
- Grade 2, 2A, 2B = extremely mild to moderate rejection
- Grade 3, 3A, 3B = at this point, doctors become very concerned and load on the heavy duty meds to suppress the immune system!
- Grade 4, 4A, 4B = at this point, sometimes very little can be done to stop the heart from being rejected and you have an emergency!!
My biopsy results of 1 month ago showed a Grade 2 which is why they were able to decrease the prednisone a little.
This past Tuesday's biopsy results showed a Grade 1A which is excellent and they can now decrease the prednisone even more since it, along with the increased cyclosporin, is working well.
For any who have been on prednisone, you know it's a wonderful drug that does just what it's supposed to and we can be thankful that we have it around, but I will be very thankful to decrease the dose and hopefully to return to my previous daily dose of 5mg sometime in the not too distant future.
Because of the way they follow these episodes, I anticipate another biopsy around the end of November so they can check how the new doses are working and if all is well at that time, I likely won't have to have another until my annual check-up in the middle of March 2009.
Blessings to each of you,
9 comments:
That's very good news! Praise the Lord!! (o:
Dear Dallas,
I am so thankful that your biopsy results came back with such wonderful news!! I am so glad that the increased medication is working. I know how scarey it is to wait on biopsy results. My daughter used to take prednisone and cyclosporin for many years. She was changed to cellcept about three years ago, and that is working very well for her. I pray your next biopsy will be a Grade 0! Many blessings to you!
Dallas ~ I just had to pop in before I read to my boys and see how your biopsy went. So very glad to hear your news ~ Indeed God is faithful!! :o)
Prednisone is not a comfortable drug to be on. I have no idea what dosage our family members have been on the few times it's been taken, but I doubt it's been anywhere near the mg's you've had to take. Will be praying that it is soon lowered to your usual 5mg.
Michele,
I was really pleased when I got the results and thankful to the Lord for keeping my mind stayed on Him ...
***
Susan,
Thanks so much for your kind words and shared experience :o)
I am on a combo of cyclosporin, prednisone and cellcept which I gather is the optimum mix for heart transplants. Many people are on the new FK5 [can't remember the *official* name], but my body didn't handle it well when they tried it 3 years ago.
~*~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
I am so happy to hear this good news! The Lord is so faithful!
Rejoicing with you!!
Sharon
Jodi,
How thoughtful of you to pop in before you read to your boys and to take the time to leave me a sweet comment :o)
How have you been feeling, by the way?
I met a fellow at our 20th anniversary heart transplant program event who actually had to take doses of prednisone MUCH higher than mine ~ I was flabbergasted by his amount!
***
Sharon,
Thanks for your kind words and it is so wonderful to be able to rejoice in this news ~ I am so thankful for His mercy and faithfulness :o)
~*~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Bless your sweet heart ~ That is wonderful about the recent results. I know what you mean about the prednisone. It always make me nervous to take it. Thanks for visiting and commenting tonight. You might like my music website. I wrote a little song about how "My Heart Dances" at the sound of His name.
~Dallas,
this is wonderful news. thank you for the explaination..
I have taken Prednisone too...and it works but sure can be rough...so thankful that you are doing better...
To God BE the GLORY !!!
Deby
Cathy,
Thanks for the note about that song you wrote and your music blog...I'll check it out :o)
***
Deby,
Thanks for the kind words and for certain, *to God be the Glory* :o)
~*~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment