"When summer gathers up her robes of glory,
and like a dream of beauty glides away."
~ Sarah Helen Power Whitman ~
~ Sarah Helen Power Whitman ~
Autumn is definitely here
as the last of my flowers are slowing
fading from their previous glory!
These lovely mauve ones are
still in fairly full bloom at my neighbour's next door!
As I wander to the mailbox each morning,
these unknown-to-me yellow *weeds-wild flowers*
greet me!

Have most of your garden flowers
faded into memory?
We planted 5-7 dwarf burning bush shrubs along the side
of our yard bordering our neighbour's last year.
Although another neighbour up the street has them
and they've already turned a flaming, scarlet red,
ours are still as green as green can be!
Does anyone know what causes them
to turn deep red?

as the last of my flowers are slowing
fading from their previous glory!
still in fairly full bloom at my neighbour's next door!
these unknown-to-me yellow *weeds-wild flowers*
greet me!
Have most of your garden flowers
faded into memory?
We planted 5-7 dwarf burning bush shrubs along the side
of our yard bordering our neighbour's last year.
Although another neighbour up the street has them
and they've already turned a flaming, scarlet red,
ours are still as green as green can be!
Does anyone know what causes them
to turn deep red?

3 comments:
My flowers are fading fast and covered in wind debris! I need to get out and do a good clean up...but...here I sit on this computer....
I saw some lovely mums and such at Walmart today but for some reason, I'm just not in the mood for any.
I do admire those "burning bush" bushes but have no answer to your question.
I also love when the Japanese Maples turn...ever so pretty!♥
Good morning Dallas ~
I have some roses blooming still but most of my flowers have faded. I have so enjoyed going out in the garden and bringing in a small bouquet so I am going to miss this during the fall and winter! But I know there are many other joys that I can delight in during this upcoming season!
Blessings,
Sharon
Debbie,
Thanks :o)
* * *
Tammy,
I saw some at Wal Mart too but am just not going to bother this fall.
The Japanese maples are truly spectacular when they turn!
* * *
Sharon,
Wow! Roses still blooming is just amazing!
By the way, your blackberry jam looks delicious :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment