Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family Tree Gifts for 2 Friends

On Thursday we had 2 elderly friends over for supper as well as a lovely visit.

Because of my love for genealogy and because they are getting older [ages 91 and 77], I asked them their parents' names and grandparents' names and whether or not either of them were interested in my trying to find out about their separate family trees!

They were both delighted and said YES at the same time :o)

For the past couple of days, in between celebrating my husband's birthday, taking care of our home, doing the laundry, dishes and making meals, I've managed to take each of their family trees back at least 5 generations!

The 91 year old phoned to thank me once again for having her and to wish my husband a belated happy birthday and her response to a question about her paternal grandparents has enabled me to take that side back 4 more generations! She will be so thrilled when I tell her tomorrow . . .

In a week or so, when I've added a few little tidbits here and there and managed to print out all the pages, I'll pass these family trees to their new owners. Happy that I was able to do it for them and glad that both of them have either nieces or nephews that they can pass them on to once they're gone.

It's been a labour of love and pure enjoyment on my part!

6 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I've always had an interest in our family genealogy but haven't pursued it too far back, I had one great aunt that did though and I have that much of the history.

As it is, we are blessed to have five generations living.
My grandmother, mother, me, my daughter and her children.

Say, isn't it great that we can trace our spiritual genealogy!

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Sharon said...

How sweet of you! I'm sure their families will appreciate this one day when these dear ladies have gone to their eternal home.

Toia said...

That really touched my heart. May God bless you for being such a blessing to them.


Toia

Abounding Treasures said...

Tammy,

How wonderful that you have 5 generations living and that a great aunt has done much of the family history for you!

Yes, it is wonderful taht we can trace our *spiritual genealogy* and what a wondrous one it is!!

* * *

Sharon,

This 91 yr old woman and 77 yr old man are quite excited that I'm doing it for them and it will be a thrill to place the booklets in their hands and to hear what they think of it once they've digested it :o)

* * *

Toia,

Welcome and such kind words!

I am just as excited doing it for them as if it were my own family and that's how I treat everyone's family history that I research through my home-based business :o)

~*~

Blessings to all of you,
Dallas

Domestically Inclined said...

What a pleasure it must have been to share this with them! And I see you have a nother pleasure on the way, only 12 more days till baby arrives! Blessings!

Abounding Treasures said...

Hiz Lady,

It will be a pleasure as soon as I'm as finished as I can be ...

Our newest little *blessing* is eagerly anticipated by all and *big brother* is quite excited!

Blessings,
Dallas